Official University of Nebraska COD Class of 2018 Interview/ Acceptance Thread**

I believe they do wait list everyone who was pre-December that doesn't get an acceptance. Seeing as they only accepted approximately 11 out of state applicants (not including the 4 Wyo contracts), most of those being SD, ND, and Kansas applicants (none of which have dental schools), I wouldn't expect the list to move very much.

Knowing they accepted only 11 people OOS, I guess I feel a little better since I am not a resident of one of those states and am out of state too.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry if this is a weird question, but does anyone think it is way too late to apply to this school?

Sorry if this is a weird question, but does anyone think it is way too late to apply to this school?
For the 2014 cycle, absolutely too late. Nothing is impossible but this would be quite the feat.

Members don't see this ad :)
The only reason I ask is because I just found out a few days ago that one of my family friends serves on the board for the school and she is encouraging me to apply even though I'm OOS, average stats, and would be applying so late in the cycle. She told me she has 4-5 people that she is allowed to accept every year. Debating if it's worth it to apply or pursue this avenue next cycle if none of my pre-dec interviews pan out in the next couple months...? Hmmmm decisions....
Hey if you have an in like that and you're willing to spend the cash to apply then get off sdn and get everything together ASAP!

The only reason I ask is because I just found out a few days ago that one of my family friends serves on the board for the school and she is encouraging me to apply even though I'm OOS, average stats, and would be applying so late in the cycle. She told me she has 4-5 people that she is allowed to accept every year. Debating if it's worth it to apply or pursue this avenue next cycle if none of my pre-dec interviews pan out in the next couple months...? Hmmmm decisions....
I know people with 23 AA on the wait list currently. I wouldn't bank on an acceptance because you have an "in," but never say never..

Reactions: 1 user
I believe they do wait list everyone who was pre-December that doesn't get an acceptance. Seeing as they only accepted approximately 11 out of state applicants (not including the 4 Wyo contracts), most of those being SD, ND, and Kansas applicants (none of which have dental schools), I wouldn't expect the list to move very much.

Did you get this 11 oos stat because they accept 75% nebraska residents or how did you find out 11 oos are accepted for 2018?

So who is going to Nebraska in August??