***Official University of Pennsylvania acceptance thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
sending deposit today...:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Just got a call from Corky

See you guys soon!

Anybody know the computer requirement??

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys I was wondering if anyone knew how many acceptance offers Penn sends out total every year?? or how many acceptance offers they sent out on December 1st?? thanks

hey guys I was wondering if anyone knew how many acceptance offers Penn sends out total every year?? or how many acceptance offers they sent out on December 1st?? thanks

She said over 100 were sent out on Dec 1

Did anyone receive any sort of deposit received confirmation from Penn? I called last week and was told that my deposit's been received, but my check hasn't been deposited yet.

They sent me a receipt in the mail with confirmation.

Thanks for responding, when did you guys put down your deposits and how many days afterward did you get the confirmation?

Thanks for responding, when did you guys put down your deposits and how many days afterward did you get the confirmation?

I think it was about a week for me. Corky hand-wrote a note to me on the letter. So nice and personal!

Does it really take two weeks to hear back from UPenn? I had an interview on 14th, and am wondering if I can call up the school tomorrow and ask... this waiting game does suck...

Does it really take two weeks to hear back from UPenn? I had an interview on 14th, and am wondering if I can call up the school tomorrow and ask... this waiting game does suck...

I was there on that day too. Still waiting. My interviewer told me that he doesn't know when the adcom will meet. I am getting nervous and checking snail mail twice per day. Let's keep our fingers crossed. :D :luck:

I called on Friday morning (the 22nd) to check if all my transcripts had been received, and while I was on the phone I asked if a decision had been made on my file. The office let me know that the admissions committee hadn't met yet but was meeting later in the day, so maybe they've already made decisions? I'd call, but I figure I've already maxed out my call quota. If you do call, let us know what happens!

Members don't see this ad :)
I called on Friday morning (the 22nd) to check if all my transcripts had been received, and while I was on the phone I asked if a decision had been made on my file. The office let me know that the admissions committee hadn't met yet but was meeting later in the day, so maybe they've already made decisions? I'd call, but I figure I've already maxed out my call quota. If you do call, let us know what happens!

According to predent.com, people interviewed 2nd or 3rd week of January were mostly notified their decisions in the first week of February; also some people heard back in the last week of January. SO almost there! Let's wait a little bit more :D

Good luck-

does anyone know if there is a waiting list for people who interviewed in November and December and have not heard back yet???

ACCEPTED! :soexcited: Check your mailboxes!!

If it helps, I'm in Jersey, and I interviewed on Jan 14th.

does anyone know if there is a waiting list for people who interviewed in November and December and have not heard back yet???

dont know...i interviewed on dec 4th and i havent heard a peep. i should call corky....

btw, do they call or mail?

definitely call. i just called (215) 898-8943 and then got transferred to corky for my decision. i'm in!!! :D

i had emailed her monday morning but she emailed me back this afternoon saying to call because i don't think they give decisions over email?? she had to ask me a bunch of security questions like my birthday and mother's maiden name..

I got the package in the mail today. I got accepted and I interviewed on September 24th lol. I will be declining the acceptance though. I will send the letter out tomorrow so they'll know ASAP. Good luck everyone!

Hey,
Has anyone accepted in December received any communication from Penn since? Anything about the second deposit, etc?

Thanks.

To all those going to UPenn, I was accepted in Dec and already put my deposit down. I just had a late UCLA interview and loved it. I was accepted yesterday. I am going back and forth like crazy!

It seems that the weather is better, it is cheaper, P/F system, and better chance to specialize...can anyone state otherwise? Sorry, I just over-analyze everything and would like to hear some opinions. I am out of state for both schools btw...What would you guys honestly do in my situation?

Iwannabadentist, you are from Irvine. Your input would be appreciated since you are probably familiar with UCLA. What do you know about it's reputation in Cali/compared to UPenn?

To all those going to UPenn, I was accepted in Dec and already put my deposit down. I just had a late UCLA interview and loved it. I was accepted yesterday. I am going back and forth like crazy!

It seems that the weather is better, it is cheaper, P/F system, and better chance to specialize...can anyone state otherwise? Sorry, I just over-analyze everything and would like to hear some opinions. I am out of state for both schools btw...What would you guys honestly do in my situation?

Iwannabadentist, you are from Irvine. Your input would be appreciated since you are probably familiar with UCLA. What do you know about it's reputation in Cali/compared to UPenn?

UCLA hands down, no question. Unless ur a fan of snow, UCLA beats out Penn (or at least is equal to) in every other way. So the only thing to think about is cost...UCLA will be soo much cheaper. And you will get a great education.

-

Last edited:
I was accepted in December and put my deposit down, but finally decided on UConn instead.. so there should be at least ONE open spot soon!! :) Good luck to everyone waiting..

has anybody heard anything from penn or knows anything about the next steps regarding applying for loans? how do we go about applying for stafford loans? private loans? i have already filled out my fafsa and its been processed and everything - but haven't heard anything from Penn. I tried calling them as well but doesn't seem like I'm gettin a definite answer. i'm just afraid that if I do not qualify for federal stafford loans (nothing to do with income, just other stuff) - when will i find this out? And if I am not eligible, how do I go about applying for private loans?

has anybody heard anything from penn or knows anything about the next steps regarding applying for loans? how do we go about applying for stafford loans? private loans? i have already filled out my fafsa and its been processed and everything - but haven't heard anything from Penn. I tried calling them as well but doesn't seem like I'm gettin a definite answer. i'm just afraid that if I do not qualify for federal stafford loans (nothing to do with income, just other stuff) - when will i find this out? And if I am not eligible, how do I go about applying for private loans?

I was under the impression we wait until the end of march. That's when we're supposed to get all of the pre-enrollment forms in the mail...I think?

I interviewed on December 18th and did not receive my acceptance letter until February 24th.

Spoke to Corky a few days ago and she said that the class wasn't even close to full yet as a lot of interviews had to be rescheduled because of the snow.

Yay, I can finally post here! I got into Penn!! Now, I have to make a difficult decision of whether I should attend Penn or Case.

Both are really expensive schools. According to the website for both schools, the total cost for attending will be approximately the same. I received my Case acceptance first, so I was researching it more, and had my heart set on it, but now Penn has accepted me, and I'm back to being indecisive again. What convinced you guys to go to Penn over the other schools that accepted you? Would you choose Penn over Case?

Yay, I can finally post here! I got into Penn!! Now, I have to make a difficult decision of whether I should attend Penn or Case.

Both are really expensive schools. According to the website for both schools, the total cost for attending will be approximately the same. I received my Case acceptance first, so I was researching it more, and had my heart set on it, but now Penn has accepted me, and I'm back to being indecisive again. What convinced you guys to go to Penn over the other schools that accepted you? Would you choose Penn over Case?

I loved the atmosphere while I was there. Sophistication, yet down-to-earth! My interview was really relaxed and conversational, and I got really good vibes from the dental students there. Not to mention, the other interviewees were some of the nicest and most personable I met out of my other interviews. I actually turned down my Case interview after I got accepted to Penn... mainly because Case is in a bad neighborhood (and I wanted to get a little further from home and away from 3 feet of snow in one day!).

Good luck in your decision! My advice would be to go where you felt the happiest with during and after the interview. (Unfortunately I know it's easier said than done!!)

just got snail mail from PENN today
WAITLISTED :mad:

does anyone know how many students they usually accept from the waitlist???

at least im in a greattttttttttttttt school, but would def consider penn

thanks

just got snail mail from PENN today
WAITLISTED :mad:

does anyone know how many students they usually accept from the waitlist???

at least im in a greattttttttttttttt school, but would def consider penn

thanks

When was the mail postmarked? Where r u located? I have a feeling that I have been waitlisted as well...

Just got an acceptance letter today via UPS. I interviewed 2/26.

I also was waitlisted at Penn. Is it over or do I still have a chance? Any idea what kind of a waitlist they have or what percentage on the waitlist eventually get accepted?

What is your personal motivation? Specialization? Ivy-league name? Cost? Great facilities? Pass/Fail grading system? What do you want?

got an email saying that penn is sending me 2nd day air package..
is this a good sign?
or can it be anything?

got an email saying that penn is sending me 2nd day air package..
is this a good sign?
or can it be anything?

I think that means you have been accepted. When did you get the email and when was your interview?

I think that means you have been accepted. When did you get the email and when was your interview?

I got the email today and my interview was october
do they send UPS notification to only those that are accepted?

you mean the mail went to your home? are you in school campus?! :)

actually i am out of the country :) I graduated early so I took off :D
so yes, the mail went to my permanent address = parents :)

I will be withdrawing my app sometime this week. Someone will be getting the Dean's scholarship:). Good luck with dental school everyone!!!!!!!!

I will be withdrawing my app sometime this week. Someone will be getting the Dean's scholarship:). Good luck with dental school everyone!!!!!!!!

just wondering... what was your reasoning behind choosing Mich over Penn? or Perhaps, UoP vs. Penn?