***Official University of Pennsylvania acceptance thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know what that means? Is that just a nice way to say 'rejection'?
Does anyone know if Upenn rejected any post-interview applicants yet?

well I doubt that...becoz..my interview went perfect...and the best....my stats are fantastic...they dont have any reason to say no....let me just wait...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in!!!! Super excited! Still waiting for acceptance package though. I couldn't wait any longer so I called Corky and she gave me the great news over the phone!

anyone in cali got the package yet?
also for those who got the scholarship how much they cover you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone!!! :D Anybody making a UPenn Facebook group for the class of 2014 who is for sure going?

Yay, got the package today! :D

So Does anyone remember howmany acceptance did corky say they send out in first week?? and if she said anyting about waiting if u dont get it in first mailing?:confused:

So who's gonna create the Facebook group for the class of 2014?? :D I'm not 100% sure I'm going to go to Penn so I'll hold off on being the creator.. let us know if someone makes one!
I just created a facebook group for us: UPenn Dental Medicine- Class of 2014

Once you feel you are likely to attend UPenn SDM, please join!

Yeah, I think I met one of you (Matt?) at Penn and Columbia. Twins going to Penn? That's got to be expensive.

Do you guys think Penn is gonna be super intense because its an ivy? During my interview, I got the feeling that it wasn't. Anyone else hear otherwise?

Members don't see this ad :)
well I doubt that...becoz..my interview went perfect...and the best....my stats are fantastic...they dont have any reason to say no....let me just wait...

Did you get into other schools? If you did, are you still gonna pay the deposit and continue to wait?

I interviewed in Early Fall at Penn. If I have not heard anything, do you think that I should wait a little or contact the admissions office? Penn is one of my top choices.

Did you get into other schools? If you did, are you still gonna pay the deposit and continue to wait?

The worst part is deposit doesnot come back....well yes i got in all other schools i applied like 4 of them....its jus this that is delaying...:scared:

Got mine last week. congrats to all others who did as well. ANyone else torn between UCONN and UPENN? any opinions?

I interviewed in Early Fall at Penn. If I have not heard anything, do you think that I should wait a little or contact the admissions office? Penn is one of my top choices.

i fyou havnt heard you are probably on a backup list. Should contact to see where you sit. As deposits for other schools due jan 15. no worries thought, they said they accept people in january as well!

Good luck

json- YES. i got into a few schools but narrowed it down to uconn and upenn.. and i've been going back and forth on it daily for about a week now. i think I'm leaning toward penn at the moment, just because I don't wanna get out of school at age 28 and realize I spent the "best years of my life" cooped up in a small town in CT... but who knows..

Do you guys think Penn is gonna be super intense because its an ivy? During my interview, I got the feeling that it wasn't. Anyone else hear otherwise?

I wonder about this too. The fact that they don't rank past #10 seems like that would eliminate some competition.

The worry of competition is one of the main things holding me back (besides $$$). I wish someone else would decide for me!! haha

you are going to be competing with people anywhere you go! just because Penn is an Ivy doesn't say much about the level of competition. there are many state schools that accept candidates with purely higher stats - i think what every school looks for in a student is their ability to be all rounded. if you are smart enough to be accepted here, i think you should be fine "competing" with other students. besides, apart from a few gunners i do hope everyone in my class, wherever i decide to go, works together and helps everyone else out.

I wonder about this too. The fact that they don't rank past #10 seems like that would eliminate some competition.

The worry of competition is one of the main things holding me back (besides $$$). I wish someone else would decide for me!! haha

You should withdraw. This would definitely decrease my competition there:smuggrin::smuggrin::D.

You will be fine:). Just work hard and make sure you try your best on every exam. It's like undergrad but with the same people in all your classes:) Besides, I am sure vast majority of Penn SDM students are mature enough to be helpful and kind - isn't it what dentistry is all about?:)

json- YES. i got into a few schools but narrowed it down to uconn and upenn.. and i've been going back and forth on it daily for about a week now. i think I'm leaning toward penn at the moment, just because I don't wanna get out of school at age 28 and realize I spent the "best years of my life" cooped up in a small town in CT... but who knows..

Me too. i got into other schools but really liked the east coast and the schools themselves. been bouncing back and forht since dec. 2, I think i got it narrowed to what i want either clinical or academic training. But both great schools, bunna be a rough decision. let me know what you decide

So who's attending for sure??
I am quite positive I will be as I enjoyed the East Coast and it would be the cheapest option!

What are the safer places around Penn? I am thinking... within 10-15 minutes of walking:)

Has anyone fulfilled Penn's English requirements? On the website it seems that having writing intensive classes outside of the English department is enough.

Has anyone fulfilled Penn's English requirements? On the website it seems that having writing intensive classes outside of the English department is enough.

I'm wondering that too. Do you think they'd let us know if we haven't fulfilled requirements? I'd hate to get surprised later on in the year!

I believe that was why you had some free time on your interview day. You were supposed to check with them to see what you need to complete.

Yeah I just sent in my deposit for my seat 'cause I did not want to lose the dean's $$$. I dont know if Im going for sure. UoP still has an attractive allure to it. Life will be drastically easier at Penn though....

As for the English requirement, they allowed me to take speech as part of that requirement, so I think that there is a wide variety of things you could take. But I would check if you're really worried about it.

when is the deadline for accepting deans?

I am in too :D
I interviewed in the 12/11 group!!!

i think so...
I will be sending in my transcripts and everything. Will wait to send in my deposit until mid Jan -- just wanting to see whether I hear back from my state schools by then :) UPenn is amazing, but I would like to save some $$ if I can :D

what about you? Decided yet?

i think so...
I will be sending in my transcripts and everything. Will wait to send in my deposit until mid Jan -- just wanting to see whether I hear back from my state schools by then :) UPenn is amazing, but I would like to save some $$ if I can :D

what about you? Decided yet?

I'm on the same boat.

I'm on the same boat.

I cannot wait to finalize my decision so I can change my signature to "_______ Class of 2014" haha. So for right now, I have happily joined the FB group so I can feel a wee bit involved :D

I cannot wait to finalize my decision so I can change my signature to "_______ Class of 2014" haha. So for right now, I have happily joined the FB group so I can feel a wee bit involved :D

Ha, I joined that group, posted a comment then left because it doesn't feel right when I might not even be going to Penn.

hey guys...congratulations on getting in...could u guys write down the dat and gpa plsss? it will be very helpful to us then...

hey guys...congratulations on getting in...could u guys write down the dat and gpa plsss? it will be very helpful to us then...

Hey Suzanne... look at the left side of our messages and there is a link (for people who dont mind sharing their stats) "predents: profile 8383". That should take you to predents.com. And show individual sdn'ers info as well. :D

Would you guys mind writing your scores for DAT and gpa? it will be very helpful to others too then..

Has anyone mailed their $500 deposit? I sent it out on Monday but I'm still hoping to hear from other schools.

sent deposit yesterday! still waiting to hear from another school tho

sent in my deposit last week, definitely attending :)