***Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Dr. Yap

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'll be a first year at Pitt starting in August. It's an amazing school in a fantastic city! If you have any questions, please ask them and I'll try my best to answer! Good luck!!

Here's Pitt's website for more info: http://www.dental.pitt.edu/students/dmd/admissions-process

Members don't see this ad.

When does Pitt notify you about your application being complete and under review by them? I sent my supplemental fee/photo like in the first week of June and zero replies back from them except for them emailing me back saying my photo was uploaded (after I had to email them in the first place).

When does Pitt notify you about your application being complete and under review by them? I sent my supplemental fee/photo like in the first week of June and zero replies back from them except for them emailing me back saying my photo was uploaded (after I had to email them in the first place).
I just checked back through my old emails, and I got and "application complete/fee paid/under review" email about 2 weeks after they emailed me saying they received my photo. If you've submitted your application and they say they got everything, they probably have it, so don't worry!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here! I was just going to ask about this. I have not heard back from Pitt even when I emailed them with my photo.

Same here! I was just going to ask about this. I have not heard back from Pitt even when I emailed them with my photo.
It took them about a week to email me saying my photo and fee were received. Just be patient! The first interview invitations didn't go out until the end of August. There's still plenty of time :)

I called them and they said they are very backlogged in the processing, but we will eventually get those application complete emails sometime down the line. Fret not.

Reactions: 1 user
I called them and they said they are very backlogged in the processing, but we will eventually get those application complete emails sometime down the line. Fret not.

Thanks, this helped, because I sent mine around mid-June!

Did anyone hear that their application was complete or received? Mine was sent in 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything.

Did anyone hear that their application was complete or received? Mine was sent in 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything.
They answered an email from me saying they received and additional rec letter I sent and added it to my application, but I never got an email saying my application was complete and that they had received my fee/photo.

Edit: just called. They said they're still super backlogged on the fees but should have them clear by the end of the month. They confirmed they had received my photo. Said once they get the fees processed we'll get an email.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I also received the application complete/under review. I received that email on July 1st when my AADSAS was mailed out. I mailed the check and emailed the photo on June 2nd.

The email gives me the impression that they won't really be looking through applications yet and will be a few more weeks before they even start. According to last year's info, they didn't start sending out invites until sometime in mid-August.

Yup! I think the first interview invites were sent out late August and the first interview day was mid-September.

"Your application, along with your supplemental fee and photo, has been received by the Admissions Office of the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine. Your application is now complete and verified and will, over the next several weeks, be reviewed by the members of the Admissions Committee."

My letters were sent in July 08, and everything else including supplemental fee and photo were in by June 24th. OOS. Just a heads up to those waiting. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys,

I actually never sent a cashier's check before so I need a little help. I went to the bank to send a check but it asks for the name of the receiver. I told them that it's a department in a school and that I have the address but it looks like it needs to be made out to a specific person? Can anyone help?

Also, is there a supplemental essay?

Hi guys,

I actually never sent a cashier's check before so I need a little help. I went to the bank to send a check but it asks for the name of the receiver. I told them that it's a department in a school and that I have the address but it looks like it needs to be made out to a specific person? Can anyone help?

Just make the check out to the University of Pittsburgh. And no supplemental-- just send a 2x2 image of yourself. Make sure your AADSAS ID is on both

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys,

Just put the exact address you have. A name isn't needed. And include your AADSAS ID. There's no supplemental

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I didn't see it on their website,but is there a specific size on the photo in terms of pixels

Last edited:
I didn't see it on their website,but is there a specific size on the photo in terms of pixels
I don't think so. Just crop it to 2x2 and hope it comes out clear enough haha. Mine was a little blurry I think but it was fine.

Question/Concern: I have a competitive DAT score and an average GPA BUT I did get a C+ in one semester of Orgo (which is part of the reason why my sGPA is low). On their website, Pitt says they "expect" a B or better in pre-reqs. I had based all my decision making on schools to apply around the ADEA guide to dental schools (this application cycle's version) and it had made no mention of this requirement. I did much better in my 2nd semester of orgo (A-) so I was wondering if the C+ is basically an automatic "no" in terms of interviews?

Last edited:
Question/Concern: I have a competitive DAT score (22 AA, 23 TS, 24 RC) and an average GPA (sGPA 3.46, oGPA 3.55) BUT I did get a C+ in one semester of Orgo (which is part of the reason why my sGPA is low). On their website, Pitt says they "expect" a B or better in pre-reqs. I had based all my decision making on schools to apply around the ADEA guide to dental schools (this application cycle's version) and it had made no mention of this requirement. I did much better in my 2nd semester of orgo (A-) so I was wondering if the C+ is basically an automatic "no" in terms of interviews?

No, don't worry.

My app has been verified and now is under review. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Somehow I missed the memo that they don't take personal checks, got an email a few day ago and just sent a money order...hoping this doesn't set me back too much because I was very early on everything else! :smack:

I never got a completion email but AADSAS labeled it as complete a while ago. Should I shoot them an email to verify?

I never got a completion email but AADSAS labeled it as complete a while ago. Should I shoot them an email to verify?
Pitt is all about keeping you updated. Shoot them an email.

How long has it been? I mailed out my check on the 11th or 12th and got it today.

I think the last thing they needed was my LOR, which uploaded by the 15th. AADSAS says Received/ Application complete as of 7/13. I'm going to email them. Thanks, all!

My application mailed out 7/22/16 and I haven't received anything from UoP yet. Not a single email. Is this normal?

My application mailed out 7/22/16 and I haven't received anything from UoP yet. Not a single email. Is this normal?

It took them a week from my mail out date for them to send me an email saying everything was received except my LORs. You should get something soon.

I just received an email as well but it said that I was missing a letter of rec even though I already have 3 submitted..do they require more then three letters?

I just received an email as well but it said that I was missing a letter of rec even though I already have 3 submitted..do they require more then three letters?

• From a Pre-Health Advisory Committee (PREFERRED)
  • 3 letters from separate individuals. 2 of who must be a professor/advisor/mentor
That or they messed up

Did you submit the correct ones? If yes, then email them.

I don't think so... but it will be fine cus u got 30 on that DAT and 4.0 GPA :)

Just received a reply (that was fast) and she said that I have 3 letters but I have another person listed on AADSAS who still has to submit a letter. I have tried contacting this professor but he won't reply to my emails and since I already have the required 3 letters, I'm just going to delete his request off of AADSAS. This is just a little odd though because I have some other schools who have already started to review my application and they didn't care about that...

Where did everyone sent the money order/cashier check? I may be missing something, this process just seems so different than any other school I've applied to. Thanks!

Where did everyone sent the money order/cashier check? I may be missing something, this process just seems so different than any other school I've applied to. Thanks!

It's on their website:

Office of Student Affairs/Admissions
University of Pittsburgh
School of Dental Medicine
3501 Terrace Street, Suite 2114
Pittsburgh PA 15261-1945