***Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Just received a reply (that was fast) and she said that I have 3 letters but I have another person listed on AADSAS who still has to submit a letter. I have tried contacting this professor but he won't reply to my emails and since I already have the required 3 letters, I'm just going to delete his request off of AADSAS. This is just a little odd though because I have some other schools who have already started to review my application and they didn't care about that...

I just called about this because I also have an extra person listed who will not turn it in. They said it won't hold up your application as long as the other letters fulfill their requirements. I have a committee letter and was going to submit one additional one and never received this email. Do your letters fulfill the individual letter requirements?

Members don't see this ad.

I just called about this because I also have an extra person listed who will not turn it in. They said it won't hold up your application as long as the other letters fulfill their requirements. I have a committee letter and was going to submit one additional one and never received this email. Do your letters fulfill the individual letter requirements?
I have a total of 3 letters submitted and 2 of those are from science professors. Isn't that what they require?

She said in the email that my application will be listed as incomplete unless I remove him or get a letter from him.

Members don't see this ad :)
She said in the email that my application will be listed as incomplete unless I remove him or get a letter from him.

Hmm maybe you should try to call? The lady I spoke to said as long as I have everything they require submitted they will start to review my application. Let me know what they say if you end up calling!

Does Pitt only e-mail you about the notification of your application materials when everything is sent in? My application was e-submitted to AADSAS in June and my transcript was verified back then as well. The only things missing at the time were my LOR's and DAT scores. My LORs were sent in July, and I just took the DAT yesterday. It's odd because Pitt is the only school I've heard nothing from. All the other schools I've applied to have at least communicated that they received my AADSAS app.

Does Pitt only e-mail you about the notification of your application materials when everything is sent in? My application was e-submitted to AADSAS in June and my transcript was verified back then as well. The only things missing at the time were my LOR's and DAT scores. My LORs were sent in July, and I just took the DAT yesterday. It's odd because Pitt is the only school I've heard nothing from. All the other schools I've applied to have at least communicated that they received my AADSAS app.

They won't notify you of anything until your check and all other application materials (including photo) are submitted to them

Just got an interview invite today!

Primary sent 7/22

Secondary sent 7/25

Reactions: 2 users
Nothing here even though app under review email received on 7/11..

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So they don't seem to go in order of applications recieved. For example, Students who had applications complete in June and early July may not have gotten the invite, but later applicants with extraordinary stats got selected. Other schools that utilize the rolling admissions process, like Penn, will invite qualifying applicants who applied earliest then go down the line. Hopefully I explained that well enough. :)

How are you so sure that UPenn conducted their interviews like that? (Aside from anecdotal SDN posts).

How are you so sure that UPenn conducted their interviews like that? (Aside from anecdotal SDN posts).

Aside from SDN, their email and website explicitly state it.

Last edited:
Hi. Is anyone interviewing on the 19th that would like to share a hotel room?

Last edited:
Hi. Is anyone interviewing on the 19th that would like to share a hotel room?

Check out the residence inn by the medical center. It's about $125, cheaper than anything else around the area

Hi, is there a female who wants to split the cost of a hotel room close to campus on Sunday, Oct. 9th for the Monday Oct. 10th interview?

No interview yet!! I'm getting worried

Reactions: 1 users
Just wanted to say I have an interview scheduled for October 10th! OOS from Utah, pretty good stats.

3.85 GPA, 3.74 sGPA, 24AA, 2 pubs, no invite. Pitt, pls - I'm so nervous

Does pitt only offer interviews once they have received your photo?

Invited on 8/24, interviewing on 9/17 (in 2 days--ahh!!).
My primary minus LOR was in 6/15 and mailed out 7/1, LOR in 7/25 and mailed out 7/29.
DAT 26/26/26; 3.79 GPA, 3.68 sGPA; SC residency

Anyone else interviewing on Monday? Would be awesome to know someone before going into it! It's my first interview and I'm so nervous!

Does pitt only offer interviews once they have received your photo?
I've always been skeptic about why they ask for photos before the interview. I refuse to believe no bias exists in the good looks department

Has anyone's AADSAS status for Pitt been "under review". Mine has stayed "received/application complete" since 7/11

H2P. Got an interview

Reactions: 2 users
Is anybody else interviewing on October 24th?

Has anyone been able to find anything that accurately gives you the cost of attendance? I looked on their website and find bits and pieces but nothing as clear as some of the other schools have. I would be out of state so I'm trying to compare schools out of the ones I'm interviewing at based on price.