***Official University of Tennessee College of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I also received the alternate email. I was waitlisted last year. Does anyone know if there’s a difference between the two? Or are they just calling waitlisters alternates this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely assumed they were the same thing!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
can anyone describe how the interview is like? Mine is upcoming in Jan
Interview was super chill, but don't take that as meaning that they don't take it seriously. Started with group breakfast (there were 10 of us interviewing) and intro to the program. Then split into 2 groups, one went on a tour of the campus with current D4 students while the other group got started with interviews. Switched groups after a few hours. There are two interviews, each with 2 faculty members that last about 15 minutes. One is an academic interview, the other is non-cognitive. They didn't grill me, it really was more like a conversation. Ended the day with lunch with lots of current students and a debriefing/question session.

Does anyone know if they give out calls for vacancies in January and if so when? Asking because I happen to be on the wait list/alternate for this cycle. Please let me know if you have a good answer! Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they give out calls for vacancies in January and if so when? Asking because I happen to be on the wait list/alternate for this cycle. Please let me know if you have a good answer! Thanks
How do you feel about the school overall? Because I’ve spoken to some people about UTHSC and I haven’t really heard anything positive.

January to Feb I think? I’ve had friends get in January and also the last week of Feb. For the applicants with offers made, there’s like a 30day window for them to get a deposit in for their spot aka accept or decline. So after they get that headcount and general idea of class size they’ll pull from the waitlist/alternate list. I haven’t heard of any beyond Jan/Feb, but it’s possible I suppose.

One of my friends who is D3 this year got a call that she is accepted in May but she was waitlisted after an interview in September. But it could be different every year you know

Can anyone verify that acceptances for all spots were made dec 2 and post dec 2 interviews are for spots on the waitlist ?

Can anyone verify that acceptances for all spots were made dec 2 and post dec 2 interviews are for spots on the waitlist ?

The class size they shoot for I think is around 98. Usually on Dec 2, they’ll offer roughly idk 110 spots (that’s a total guess)? They over offer knowing that not all 110 are going to accept the offer. So I would guess 60-70% of the class is full by the end of January. (Again rough estimate numbers)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Is there a group chat or facebook group for the UTHSC school of dentistry class of 2024? I’m trying to find a roommate! I saw one of facebook but it’s only 2 members and my request has been pending for a month now.

Reactions: 1 users
Might be better off making a new one if it’s not accepting and post it in here.

Last edited:
I just made this one so it definitely works, and I'll add anyone who requests to be put in.
You might could email the link to dayna Meyers so she can send out the link to the entire class?

Does anyone know when they should be calling those who are on the waitlist?

Anyone hear back recently ?

I’m on the alternate list and still haven’t heard anything.
A friend of mine called yesterday and Ms. Myers said the committee will be gathering sometime next week and will be making calls next week as well

For those on the waitlist, have you contacted UT at all to see if there's a way to improve chances of getting off the list? I doubt that would do much but I'm curious

For those on the waitlist, have you contacted UT at all to see if there's a way to improve chances of getting off the list? I doubt that would do much but I'm curious
i wrote a letter of interest

Anyone not on the waitlist receive a call recently? I haven't received anything since my December interview. Does anyone know when they fill up slots for both the main class and the waitlist?

Last edited:
It’s been a few weeks since my interview in January but still haven’t heard anything. But if the groupme is an accurate indication of how many seats are left, there are 61 members so..:xf:

It’s been a few weeks since my interview in January but still haven’t heard anything. But if the groupme is an accurate indication of how many seats are left, there are 61 members so..:xf:
There is a GroupMe for the accepted class so far?

Anyone have an idea of the chances of getting off the waitlist at this point?

Anyone have an idea of the chances of getting off the waitlist at this point?
Ms. Myers said they would be calling applicants sometime in March to accept more students into the class. From waitlist and post dec interviews.

Got off the waitlist Tuesday, but will be declining my spot...good luck to everyone!

Hey everyone. Hope you’re all healthy and safe. Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything?:(

Hey everyone. Hope you’re all healthy and safe. Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything?:(
Hey hope you are too! Nope, haven't heard anything. Did you send a letter of intent/interest?