***Official University of Tennessee College of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
No one's made this so here ya go!

Link to last year's thread: **Official University of Tennessee College of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Link to interview prep: University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Received the interview invite a couple weeks ago! Good luck to everyone else

Does anyone know when OOS interviews are offered?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Received an instate interview a while ago as well.

Sometime mid to late July I believe.
There is no supplemental application.

Early June, and yes there's no supp

Is it too late to apply to this school? Looking to add a school or two.

Is it too late to apply to this school? Looking to add a school or two.

I believe their deadline is one of the earliest, like September 30. You’d have to double check that to make sure I’m not confusing schools. But if so that’s coming up very quick & were toward the end of their application cycle.

Any applicants interview last cycle, sit in the waitlist, and reapply this year? I’ve heard there isn’t a second interview, so what’s the game plan? Wait until Dec 2??

When did everyone get an interview after having all their information received? Have been "under review" for a good amount of time now.

current dental student at UT here- if anyone has any questions, just post them and i'll do my best to answer them !

When did everyone get an interview after having all their information received? Have been "under review" for a good amount of time now.

I received my interview about 2 weeks after submitting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone OOS (not Arkansas) receive an interview yet?

Anyone recently heard back from them?

current dental student at UT here- if anyone has any questions, just post them and i'll do my best to answer them !

Are majority of the students from the Appalachia region? Is geographic region taken into account for OOS students? For example, student from southwest VA vs. Boston MA?

Are majority of the students from the Appalachia region? Is geographic region taken into account for OOS students? For example, student from southwest VA vs. Boston MA?
For almost every school, geographic region is a factor.

I would say that my class has a very diverse set of backgrounds. We have people from D.C. to California and everywhere in between.

Interviewed 8/2
invited about a week and a half prior
submitted application end of June
loved it so so much!

Last edited by a moderator:

Do you have anyone in your class who got waitlisted one year and got an acceptance the next? Am I right in saying they don’t offer second interviews?

Do you have anyone in your class who got waitlisted one year and got an acceptance the next? Am I right in saying they don’t offer second interviews?
That's correct, no second interviews. I want to say we have one guy who didn't get in the first time around and this was his third cycle and he got in, but I'm not 100% sure. UT doesn't offer any additional interviews, so if you don't get in this year and apply next year, they base their decision off of your one and only performance the first time! Does that make sense?

Received the interview invite a couple weeks ago! Good luck to everyone else
How was the interview? Just received an invite but there were only January slots available.

That's correct, no second interviews. I want to say we have one guy who didn't get in the first time around and this was his third cycle and he got in, but I'm not 100% sure. UT doesn't offer any additional interviews, so if you don't get in this year and apply next year, they base their decision off of your one and only performance the first time! Does that make sense?

Yes thanks! I interviewed late last cycle (after that December decision day date) and got waitlisted. Reapplying again this year and got a notification mid October that I got “invited for interview” but I called in and got it cleared up!

Yes thanks! I interviewed late last cycle (after that December decision day date) and got waitlisted. Reapplying again this year and got a notification mid October that I got “invited for interview” but I called in and got it cleared up!
Good luck !

Good luck !

Thanks you too! To your other reply, interviews are very relaxed. Granted, I came in nervous, but they’re really intentional to have a laidback environment. I had 2 interviews with 2 professors in each one: one academic and one more personal/EC based. I think one recommendation I would give is to come in with a handful of questions to ask in your interviews but as well as a Q/A session they’ll probably have at the end of the day.

Okay
Thanks you too! To your other reply, interviews are very relaxed. Granted, I came in nervous, but they’re really intentional to have a laidback environment. I had 2 interviews with 2 professors in each one: one academic and one more personal/EC based. I think one recommendation I would give is to come in with a handful of questions to ask in your interviews but as well as a Q/A session they’ll probably have at the end of the day.
okay thanks for the advice! Good luck to us both hopefully we hear good news come Dec 2!

On “decision day”, do they typically get all of their calls done by noon?

Reactions: 1 users
Got the call 12:45! In state, DAT AA 18 PAT 16, 3.98 overall GPA. Good luck to everyone else!

Got the call around 10 am! Excited to meet y’all! In-state.

Got the call at 9:56 this morning with Arkansas funding!!

Does anyone know if they’re done with acceptances for now or will there be another wave tomorrow/near future??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how long does the school do interview? like until February or March? If you haven't gotten an interview, that means you are done right?
:cryi:

Someone told me they called the school and they said they've given all their acceptances today.
Don't lose hope though!

can anyone describe how the interview is like? Mine is upcoming in Jan

I also got the alternate email today. I wonder if the sent out any rejections or did all interviews get waitlisted.

I also received the alternate email. I was waitlisted last year. Does anyone know if there’s a difference between the two? Or are they just calling waitlisters alternates this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk