Official University of Virginia 2010!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all, I'm looking for a (preferably) female roommate to share a 2 bedroom, 2 bath very nice apartment in Wertland Square (www.wertlandsquare.com). I just finished UVa undergrad so I can tell you these apartments are super close (like 5 min walk). Go to the website and you'll see they are very nice with covered parking (a rare find in cville).

Members don't see this ad.

I found this on the UVa website. It's great to get a summary of student/faculty feedback on how things are going at the Medical School, and possible changes that might be made (For example, we will be the last class to have Honors for the top 20% of the class). Just thought I'd post the link here for anyone else who's interested!

http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/internet/med-curriculum/minutes/home.cfm

Nice find, Weebs. Seems like a bummer that they're doing away with the honors thing for the following class, but I'm still not too concerned with UVA being overly competitive. It was good to see that the committee keeps such a close eye on the MI curriculum.

By the way, any rising MI's going to be in Charlottesville during the summer? I'll be close (Richmond) during July and would definitely be up for meeting anybody (which would include a free tour of some of c-ville's highlights). It would be really cool to set-up a fun gathering a couple weeks before classes begin. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Uvault05 said:
Nice find, Weebs. Seems like a bummer that they're doing away with the honors thing for the following class, but I'm still not too concerned with UVA being overly competitive. It was good to see that the committee keeps such a close eye on the MI curriculum.

By the way, any rising MI's going to be in Charlottesville during the summer? I'll be close (Richmond) during July and would definitely be up for meeting anybody (which would include a free tour of some of c-ville's highlights). It would be really cool to set-up a fun gathering a couple weeks before classes begin. Thoughts?

I won't be there until Aug. 2nd. But, I'll have 5 days to kill before school starts, and my fiancee is staying in Portland until winter break. So, I'll be all alone, and I won't know a soul in C-ville. Now, if "gathering" = getting a bunch of new medical students who don't know each other together coupled with copius beer consumption... then I'm in.

Hey guys!
A: Congrats on getting into UVA and good luck!
B: I'm applying to UVA this cycle and their Generalist Scholars Program sounds awesome. I was just wondering if you guy knew anything about the application process and if mentioning my interest in my secondary app was a wise choice.

Thanks in advance and Go 'Hoos!

CavalierMD said:
Hey guys!
A: Congrats on getting into UVA and good luck!
B: I'm applying to UVA this cycle and their Generalist Scholars Program sounds awesome. I was just wondering if you guy knew anything about the application process and if mentioning my interest in my secondary app was a wise choice.

Thanks in advance and Go 'Hoos!

I would definitely mention your interest in the program in your secondary. Your stats look awesome, good luck with your application! Come and hang out with us next year :)

OK...Perhaps I was naieve to think that I'd have my housing situation squared away by now but I'm still one roomate short of a full apartment. If you're coming to UVA in the fall...or if you know someone who is coming to UVA in the fall...I have room for one in a 4 bedroom/ 4 bathroom apartment less than 5 min from the hospital. The lease has started...you can move in WHENEVER YOU WANT!!! Rent is around $600/month and includes everything!! Two of us are rising first years, and our third roomate is a young professional who bartends for extra cash....(translation: you'll never study/drink alone!)

e-mail me: [email protected]
call me: 603-867-5381

see you in a month