Official Visit Tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lemmonhead

Your ego is not your amigo
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a visit coming up at a medical school, not an interview. I was wondering anyone had any tips on how to maximize the visit other than be professional, ask questions, etc. I'd love to attend the school but need to get an interview first. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing beyond what you haven't already listed. These visits aren't that important.

I'm not sure I see the point in visiting a school unless it's for an interview or if its close to where you live. Can probably get more info from SDN allopathic school threads than through a visit, imo

Reactions: 1 user
This visit is almost the equivalent of going to a med school's open house, which can be very useful and informative. I went to one medical school's open house for 4 years straight, and it ultimately was the school I ended up going to.

Dress professionally. You don't need a suit, but business causal would be nice. Do some research on the school, and ask any questions you have about the school. Try to get a sense of if you would like the school. You are not under the stress of an interview and being evaluated, so enjoy the experience and ask yourself if you would be happy going there for 4 years. Talk to the students and see what they have to say.

I did this at the school I am currently at and those school visits really allowed me to vet the school and decide if I wanted to go there.