2018 **Official West Virginia University School of Dentistry Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

sake

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else receive the application receipt confirmation email today? I received mine today and was wondering when they usually send out the supplemental email. Good luck everyone!

Did anyone else receive the application receipt confirmation email today? I received mine today and was wondering when they usually send out the supplemental email. Good luck everyone!
Not me! When did you submit? We don't pay til we get an email right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my aadsas application on 6/2. Yeah, all the email said was that they received my aadsas application and if im selected to receive a secondary application, theyll send the supplemental link via email along with instructions for submitting the required secondary application fee.

Reactions: 1 user
@nick526xxh how long did it take for them to send the supplemental after the confirmation email?

@nick526xxh how long did it take for them to send the supplemental after the confirmation email?

I don't remember the exact days in between, that is why I post the link to previous year thread so you guys can check it for yourself. :)

I submitted my aadsas application on 6/2. Yeah, all the email said was that they received my aadsas application and if im selected to receive a secondary application, theyll send the supplemental link via email along with instructions for submitting the required secondary application fee.

Second that...got app received e-mail on 7/20...waiting for supplemental app...

Just received the secondary application!

I also received the secondary today. For those of you that applied without a committee letter, did you submit a letter from your physics instructor? I haven't reached out to mine yet. I just feel silly reaching out to them since I took the course three years ago and had two different instructors who I doubt will remember me from their thousands of students since then.

I also received the secondary today. For those of you that applied without a committee letter, did you submit a letter from your physics instructor? I haven't reached out to mine yet. I just feel silly reaching out to them since I took the course three years ago and had two different instructors who I doubt will remember me from their thousands of students since then.

I submitted one from my bio instructor and one from my biochem instructor and 2 from general dentists. I knew them all very well. I don't know about physics. If they know they can't write good letters they might just say no. Otherwise I heard it's actually part of their jobs and shouldn't mind. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted one from my bio instructor and one from my biochem instructor and 2 from general dentists. I knew them all very well. I don't know about physics. If they know they can't write good letters they might just say no. Otherwise I heard it's actually part of their jobs and shouldn't mind. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

I submitted letters from 1 bio professor, 2 chem professors, and a dentist. I was just reviewing WVU's info on AADSAS and it said something about their requirements for the letters. But, since you're saying it's part of a professor's job to write letters, I guess I'll reach out this week just to have one in case WVU inquires.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I submitted letters from 1 bio professor, 2 chem professors, and a dentist. I was just reviewing WVU's info on AADSAS and it said something about their requirements for the letters. But, since you're saying it's part of a professor's job to write letters, I guess I'll reach out this week just to have one in case WVU inquires.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yeah I read somewhere that professors consider lor writing as part of their jobs. They do it regularly. But I just realized what you mean. They require 3 lor's from physics, bio, and chem. I don't know if they make any exceptions to that rule. I could probably get my physics instructor to write one for me but it's well into the cycle now and I would have to rush him. I would rather not ask for one at all. C'mon, they have to be able to make some exceptions to this rule. Does the fact that we got a secondary after they reviewed our application not mean anything?

Hey Guys,

Would love to hear some feeback on my chances
OOS
18 AA 17 TS
Overall 3.48 w/ (+/-) and 3.53 w/o-------Science 3.35 w/ (+/-) and 3.42 w/o
Solid leadership
900+ hours of Volunteer
450+ hours of Shadowing (General Dentist, Oral Surgeon, Periodontist, Endodontist)
1000 hours of undergraduate research with 3 publications
Currently do research @ Medical School during this Gap year

I would appreciate any feedback!

Thanks guys

Did you hear anything back about the supplemental being received? My tracking shows that it has been received but they never emailed me.

Any interview invites here yet? I mailed in my supplemental about a week ago now and haven't heard anything as of yet

Any interview invites here yet? I mailed in my supplemental about a week ago now and haven't heard anything as of yet
I mailed in my supplemental about two weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything yet :(
I also never got a confirmation that they received my supplemental ...

Reactions: 1 users
Today, I got an invitation to an interview on September 8th, I submitted my secondary application on August 8th though. Do any of you guys know how long does it take to get notified if whether I get accepted or not?

Last edited:
Today, I got an invitation to an interview on September 8th, I submitted my secondary application on August 8th though. Do any of you guys know how long does it take to get notified if whether I get accepted or not?
Yeah I believe December 1st is the first day that all dental schools send acceptance letters.

Are you out of state?

So I guess I will have to wait and hope for the best then. I am an in-state student, live in WV.

Hi all,

Currently a D1 student. You can ask me anything you want and I will answer. DM me or post here!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all,

Currently a D1 student. You can ask me anything you want and I will answer. DM me or post here!
Do you have any tips for the interview? How many students were there? How was the essay writing session?

Interview invite for October 13th! Anyone else going that date?

Interview invite for October 6th, OOS student from NC. My stats were 3.84 gpa with 3.85 science gpa and a 20 DAT with no scores under 18. Anybody heard anything about the interview experience besides that there is a writing excercise? Good luck everyone!

My interview is next week September 29. I am a captain of a collegiate D1 soccer team in MS, 3.81 science GPA, 3.73 overall, 19 AA (all above 18 scores individually), 165 hours of shadowing. Anyone hear about what the writing exercise pertains to or has an interview the same day?

Reactions: 1 users
This thread has been very quite lately. How are you all feeling about Dec 1st?

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

I just received a call from Dr Price that I'm in. good luck everyone.

Accepted via phone call a few minutes ago!

My AADSAS portal says application denied, but I didn't receive any email or any other communication from them. MI resident, 3.25sGPA and 3.47oGPA, 20 AA

Have not heard anything from them email wise but my application portal says "Waitlisted."

My portal updated to offer made around 6pm dec. 1. No other correspondence from them. I am OOS from NC with strong ties. Their class profile shows varying amounts of OOS each year. Does anyone know the average number? WVU was my favorite school and the people there are incredibly friendly, so I would love to be there next year. Only problem is OOS tuition!

My portal updated to offer made around 6pm dec. 1. No other correspondence from them. I am OOS from NC with strong ties. Their class profile shows varying amounts of OOS each year. Does anyone know the average number? WVU was my favorite school and the people there are incredibly friendly, so I would love to be there next year. Only problem is OOS tuition!
Do you happen to know what exactly strong ties mean? Like family that associates with WVU? I am OOS and most of my family lives in WV, went to WVU, or are attending WVU. Apologies, just curious to know how OOS and OOS with ties are treated differently.

Do you happen to know what exactly strong ties mean? Like family that associates with WVU? I am OOS and most of my family lives in WV, went to WVU, or are attending WVU. Apologies, just curious to know how OOS and OOS with ties are treated differently.
It sounds like you have ties. I don't know if they consider some ties greater than others. Like you, I have a lot of family in the state in addition to my uncle and cousin having both graduated from their dental school. My other uncle and cousin went through their med program and another cousin is currently finishing undergrad there. I don't know if they see mine any differently than yours, but I'm sure they consider both as "having ties" and thereby advantageously placing us in with that pool of applicants. I got in and I wish you the best of luck! Also, has anyone received snail mail yet?

It sounds like you have ties. I don't know if they consider some ties greater than others. Like you, I have a lot of family in the state in addition to my uncle and cousin having both graduated from their dental school. My other uncle and cousin went through their med program and another cousin is currently finishing undergrad there. I don't know if they see mine any differently than yours, but I'm sure they consider both as "having ties" and thereby advantageously placing us in with that pool of applicants. I got in and I wish you the best of luck! Also, has anyone received snail mail yet?
I got the letter by mail today and am a MD resident!

Only school I applied to, received acceptance in Dec 1st. WV residence and WVU undergrad!

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.