Official "what-the-hell-is-wrong-with AMCAS" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

morganlefay

hanging in there
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am really starting to worry about my AMCAS.....it's still "active" and I submitted it about a month ago (7/24), and it became active on 8/9. I don't understand why it hasn't been verified yet. Anyone else have this problem??

Members don't see this ad.

thousands of people every year have this problem. thats why you want to submit close to the date when they first let you, those people never have any problems but as more time passes.....AMCAS gets backlogged and minor technical problems arise which can cause them to slow down tremendously.

that or they didn't get your transcripts or something. call and ask why? they will most likely say its because they are busy.

I wouldn't worry because, if you are active, that means they should have all your transcripts. And it's not from the submit date, but from the active date (they can't process you until they have the transcripts.) So you're really not in bad shape. They say 4-6 weeks. Mine took 2. Active 8/5, processed 8/19. Don't worry, you'll be processed in the next week or two.

Members don't see this ad :)
you may as well start working on secondary app essays while you wait, so you get those turned in asap once your amcas is good to go.

Thanks for the info guys; it was verified today! :D Now I have to get all my secondaries and LORs off....and the waiting for Oct. scores continues....

Everyone stay positive :)

i just wanted to say the title of this thread is hilarious :laugh: :thumbup:

good thing you are verified; probably just takes a long time around this time of year.

It really is a great title!! But since you've been verified :) , we need to b**** about other things that AMCAS messes up. For example: transcripts. They lost one of mine, and I had to resend it. Luckily I was on the ball, and sent it right away, and it only put me 4 days back, and was processed on 8/19. However, they apparently just found it, because I got an email today notifying me of receipt of the transcript!! What kind of operation are they running over there!!! :scared: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh yea, I hear you! It took FOREVER for them to get my second transcript ( I transferred some courses, and they wanted both). That delayed my processing about 2 weeks! :mad: I submitted 7/24, and finally,finally,it's done now. Damned AMCAS. We'd be better off with out them, especially considering a lot of the secondaries ask for repeats of the AMCAS.

akpete said:
It really is a great title!! But since you've been verified :) , we need to b**** about other things that AMCAS messes up. For example: transcripts. They lost one of mine, and I had to resend it. Luckily I was on the ball, and sent it right away, and it only put me 4 days back, and was processed on 8/19. However, they apparently just found it, because I got an email today notifying me of receipt of the transcript!! What kind of operation are they running over there!!! :scared: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: