Offline Review - Best approach

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RadOnc2019

Attending
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi budz,

Anybody know of a paper or resource that delves into best approach for off-line review?
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Off-line review of what? Radiation plans?
I meant to say daily IGRT. We use varian and they refer IGRT review as offline review. Typically I check to make sure there is a good match, either bony or soft tissue then check to see that the volume we wanted to treat (tumor) is within the PTV. Thank you!

When you say "best approach" for offline review, my mind wonders:

1) Does he mean "Should I do or not do offline review; what is the best approach?"
2) Does he mean "What is the randomized, Level 1 evidence say is the best approach for offline review?"
3) Does he mean "What do rad oncs who are smarter than me say is the best approach for offline review?"
4) Does he mean "I have never done IGRT in my life... what is the best approach so I can get started?"

When you say "best approach" for offline review, my mind wonders:

1) Does he mean "Should I do or not do offline review; what is the best approach?"
2) Does he mean "What is the randomized, Level 1 evidence say is the best approach for offline review?"
3) Does he mean "What do rad oncs who are smarter than me say is the best approach for offline review?"
4) Does he mean "I have never done IGRT in my life... what is the best approach so I can get started?"
yes, it pretty much as vague as you can get;
i like to check that stuff is aligned?

I meant to say daily IGRT. We use varian and they refer IGRT review as offline review. Typically I check to make sure there is a good match, either bony or soft tissue then check to see that the volume we wanted to treat (tumor) is within the PTV. Thank you!

If you're doing daily CT based imaging, then hopefully you're lining up to soft tissue and not bone, otherwise just do orthog x-rays and call it a day.

I think as long as you're comfortable with your PTV covering the tumor and any strict OARs (spinal cord in a high dose plan) being appropriate I think that'd be the main point.