Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone.
I've just run into a dilemma that I never saw coming. I got into CSU off the waitlist. Pretty exciting, right?
Except that I've already put a deposit in at Minnesota. Ordinarily I wouldn't be opposed to losing the deposit if I truly wanted to go to Colorado; however it is, of course, complicated.
I've already nearly signed a lease with someone else. I'd be backing out on the potential roommate (which would suck for her and also for the person we're renting from). We've been discussing arrangements for a couple weeks now, so I'd feel bad about that.
Also, I've never even visited CSU. All I know about it is that it is #2 which, I'm not going to lie, impresses me.
Now, I'm interested in eventually pursuing neuro and possibly doing some clinical research while in school; this is what lead me to choose Minnesota over Illinois or Tufts in the first place. Since I don't know that much about CSU I'm not sure which would be the better choice.
I was 100% satisfied with my decision in Minnesota; until CSU contacted me. I almost wish they hadn't! I just don't want to have any regrets or miss out on a great opportunity.
I'm from Illinois, and I have family in Minnesota, so for practical reasons it's fairly convenient. But how important should that be right now? I also loved the St. Paul campus so much, but I haven't seen CSU so I can't compare them!
What would you do if you were in my shoes...
I know the prudent thing would be to stand by my Minnesota decision, but I'm so overwhelmed and heartbroken that this CSU offer couldn't have come at an earlier time when I could give it more consideration... 🙁
Please give me your honest feedback. What would you do??
I've just run into a dilemma that I never saw coming. I got into CSU off the waitlist. Pretty exciting, right?
Except that I've already put a deposit in at Minnesota. Ordinarily I wouldn't be opposed to losing the deposit if I truly wanted to go to Colorado; however it is, of course, complicated.
I've already nearly signed a lease with someone else. I'd be backing out on the potential roommate (which would suck for her and also for the person we're renting from). We've been discussing arrangements for a couple weeks now, so I'd feel bad about that.
Also, I've never even visited CSU. All I know about it is that it is #2 which, I'm not going to lie, impresses me.
Now, I'm interested in eventually pursuing neuro and possibly doing some clinical research while in school; this is what lead me to choose Minnesota over Illinois or Tufts in the first place. Since I don't know that much about CSU I'm not sure which would be the better choice.
I was 100% satisfied with my decision in Minnesota; until CSU contacted me. I almost wish they hadn't! I just don't want to have any regrets or miss out on a great opportunity.
I'm from Illinois, and I have family in Minnesota, so for practical reasons it's fairly convenient. But how important should that be right now? I also loved the St. Paul campus so much, but I haven't seen CSU so I can't compare them!
What would you do if you were in my shoes...
I know the prudent thing would be to stand by my Minnesota decision, but I'm so overwhelmed and heartbroken that this CSU offer couldn't have come at an earlier time when I could give it more consideration... 🙁
Please give me your honest feedback. What would you do??

