Cornell vs. UPenn vs. Ohio State vs. NC state vs. CSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iscrolltoomuch

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm trying to choose between these schools: Cornell vs. UPenn vs. Ohio State vs. NC state vs. CSU and I'm OOS to everywhere & tuition costs isn't my MAIN concern.. so I would rather be interested in going somewhere that would be helpful for my future. I'm interested in specializing, maybe in Ophthalmology, and I would really appreciate any input. I also cannot declare residency after my first year, so that would not be a factor in my decision.
 
Are you leaning towards any in particular? I'm a current Y0, incoming Y1 at CSU and happy to answer questions if you have any specific questions. I'm also a member of the Ophthalmology club, and I love it so far!
 
I am not involved with anything ophthalmology related, but if you want to know anything about tOSU I would be happy to answer questions!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not involved with anything ophthalmology related, but if you want to know anything about tOSU I would be happy to answer questions!
I was wondering how many students can be involved in working for the hospitals of OSU? I heard OSU gives a lot of more opportunities to students.
 
I was wondering how many students can be involved in working for the hospitals of OSU? I heard OSU gives a lot of more opportunities to students.
i believe there are student worker positions in the hospital but i’m not sure there are like specialty-specific positions. however all of the specialists in the hospital i’ve spoken to are open to having pre-clinical students shadow! a decent amount of students work part-time at private/corporate hospitals in the columbus area, like medvet.
 
Hi! I'm currently at Cornell and I cannot recommend it enough. Through our curriculum, you start learning to think like a clinician from day 1. There are many opportunities to get involved with different clubs and organizations that you can tailor to your interests. We have an ophthalmology club and hospital service. There are so many student jobs within the hospital and other experiences that you can take part in.