Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Oh man!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by qwert, Aug 10, 2001.

1. qwert

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Just checked my app. All experiencies are there. But! It says my app has been transmitted to schools - starting with July 19 (Pitts) to Aug 8 (NYMC). Do they really think we are so stupid to believe it???!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Smoke This

Smoke This Sweet cuppin' cakes!
    10+ Year Member

They're absolutely counting on it. For example, AMCAS wants me to believe that my app was sent to Creighton on July 19th, even though it wasn't "verified" until July 25th. I haven't heard a word from the majority of the schools AMCAS now tells me received my apps up to three weeks ago.

Why else would they try to pacify us except to buy time for a jury-rigged fix later, while we're all looking the other way? (One might say I smell a conspiracy everywhere, but the truth of the matter is I just don't like AMCAS.)

4. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm also thinking it is some attempt to pacify applicants. Think about the thousands of applicants that have no source of info like SDN. These people were probablty wondering where the hell their apps are. Well, if they see AMCAS dated their sent applications, they'll breathe a sigh of relief. A large majority of them may not even follow through to find out what's really up.

Andrew

5. allengal

allengal Member
    7+ Year Member

I agree that they are trying to pacify everyone. I submitted my app on July 17. I have no date saying it was ever processed and none of my coursework appears to be checked with my transcripts....but I do have dates submitted next to the schools where I am applying...

6. Smoke This

10+ Year Member

Good point, Andrew.

7. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

C'mon guys, AMCAs is incompetent but not that stupid. I really think it's getting a little paranoid to think they're trying to "pacify" us with false transmittal dates! More like it's another bug, or maybe the transmittal of the one-page summaries they've said they're transmitting without waiting to verify.

8. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Easy, tiger - one page summaries were not sent out til last week, so perhaps your bug statement is indeed correct. I don't think anyone's 'paranoid' or screaming conspiracy, but with the AMCAS-way of dealing with things (April 1st, May 1st, May 18th, June 18th, June 22nd, 4-6 weeks to process, implementing changes 'next week', etc.), I wouldn't put it past them to put something up to curtail a large quantity of phone calls.

Andrew

9. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Maybe it's from the code red worm. Maybe it creept into AMCAS instead of the white house
    ;)

10. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm now thinking that maybe those transmittal dates are for REALLY basic info (name, address, e-mail) and not even the one
    page summaries. How else to explain the secondaries folks are getting with their apps not processed or verified? Someone on another thread called all their schools and found to their surprise that some schools had this basic info and nothing else.

11. Smoke This

10+ Year Member

I don't know about that, SMW. For example, I got my Dart-Mouth secondary in early July. It was postmarked July 11th. The only way it could have gotten to me is if AMCAS let them know about me, since I have never contacted them directly. However, according to AMCAS, Dart-Mouth didn't receive the mysterious data until August 2nd. Maybe this is a bug as other fellow applicants have suggested. Right now, this seems the most credible for me since I just checked it and all the dates have vanished into the netherworld that spawned them yesterday.

12. realruby2000

realruby2000 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

does this mean the experiences that were previously deleted are now back up?

13. praying4MD

praying4MD 2K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Mine are still deleted. :(