MD & DO School List/WAMC (uGPA 3.5x, sGPA 3.4x, 512, ORM, OH)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CRISPRcrisps

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. uGPA 3.5x, sGPA 3.4x, no upward trend
  2. 509 (127/125/128/129) -> 512 (126/127/129/130)
  3. Ohio
  4. Caucasian
  5. Unranked, rural, public undergraduate
  6. Clinical experience: free clinic volunteer (70 hours), pharmacy school rotations (1,400 hours), pharmacy student volunteer (50 hours, administering flu vaccines to students, Script Your Future campaign, preparing COVID vaccines in 2020)
  7. Research: 600 hours of clinical research with 2 publications and 1 poster, and an unfinished project that I designed as a student with help from my PI
  8. Shadowing: 40 hours IR (gen & peds); have had great difficulty finding a PCP to agree to let me shadow, but now have orientation set up for a hospital system soon to try to set up shadowing with a PCP
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 200 hours of Crisis Text Line
  10. Other extracurricular activities: retail pharmacist (leadership, 2,500 hours)
  11. Dean's List, President's List, Pharmacy Merit Scholarship
  12. PharmD, medically underserved rural hometown, grew up low SES
School list:
  • Wright
  • NEOMED
  • Toledo
  • Cincinnati
  • Ohio State
  • OU-HCOM
  • LECOM
  • NYMC
  • Wayne
  • VCU
  • EVMS
  • WVU
  • Vermont
  • Quinnipiac
  • Penn State
  • Michigan State (both MD & DO)
  • Central Michigan
  • Temple
  • University of Wisconsin
  • Wake Forest
  • VCOM
  • PCOM

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How many years have you worked since getting your PharmD? Note that none of your clinical experience as a pharmacy student is going to be counted for medical school admissions. Neither will any community service opportunities that you did as a pharmacy student.

It's not absolutely impossible, but I am interested in how you will address this.

Reactions: 1 users
Remove U Wisconsin, Central Michigan and Michigan State since they admit few non residents with your stats and no connection to the state.
You could add these schools:
Oakland Beaumont
Drexel
Jefferson
Hackensack
Albany
George Washington
NOVA MD
TCU
Creighton
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
For DO schools you could add
MU-COM
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
CUSOM
Touro-NY
NYITCOM

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How many years have you worked since getting your PharmD? Note that none of your clinical experience as a pharmacy student is going to be counted for medical school admissions. Neither will any community service opportunities that you did as a pharmacy student.

It's not absolutely impossible, but I am interested in how you will address this.
I've been working as a retail pharmacist since fall of 2021.

Dr. Gartland's book discusses listing pharmacy school rotations in the work/activities section of the primary application, so I am surprised they aren't counted. The pharmacy student volunteer activities were extracurricular activities, but I was not sure how else to name the entry in AMCAS/AACOMAS since I lumped them under one title. They were not done as activities to fulfill course requirements. I will try to clarify this.
Remove U Wisconsin, Central Michigan and Michigan State since they admit few non residents with your stats and no connection to the state.
You could add these schools:
Oakland Beaumont
Drexel
Jefferson
Hackensack
Albany
George Washington
NOVA MD
TCU
Creighton
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
For DO schools you could add
MU-COM
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
CUSOM
Touro-NY
NYITCOM
Thank you so much! :)

The information about counting your pharmacy hours is what I get from faculty I work with, so i don't know if other schools consider the hours differently. It might be worth checking with recruitment officers at the schools where you want to attend to get an opinion from them.

I just point out that your accrued hours were part of your education. Usually we will not count training hours for EMT or scribe training. Yours will likely not count as relevant to your interest as a physician.

Last edited:
I've been working as a retail pharmacist since fall of 2021.

Dr. Gartland's book discusses listing pharmacy school rotations in the work/activities section of the primary application, so I am surprised they aren't counted. The pharmacy student volunteer activities were extracurricular activities, but I was not sure how else to name the entry in AMCAS/AACOMAS since I lumped them under one title. They were not done as activities to fulfill course requirements. I will try to clarify this.

Thank you so much! :)
But actually that’s all you have clinically. (I know you have 70 hours at a free clinic.) why are you leaving pharmacy?