oh my to switch dates or not????!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreams

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HELP!!! ok here is my question I am scheduled to take the MCAT on the 13th of June, however, I dont feel 100% or even 90% prepared at this point, so I was considering switching to July 8th. However, here is the problem I have a very low GPA (undergrad that is) and I know that I need to apply as fast as possible so I am wondering if this would hurt me alot (see MDapps)??? I was going to take the June 13th test, and if my scores were not so great than take it again in the middle of August, my plan for that part would be the same if my scores form July were not so great. My though is that I might do better the first time around if I took it in July, but I can take it in June and then retake in August if need be as well (for either date) any suggestions??? Oh and I plan to get everything else in to AMCAS before either MCAT date.

Members don't see this ad.

Good. I'm glad you're going to submit the app on the first day! Take it when you're ready, in July. Don't take it now if you're not ready. A bad score will hurt you, even if you retake and do well. Just kick ass the first time ;)

Good. I'm glad you're going to submit the app on the first day! Take it when you're ready, in July. Don't take it now if you're not ready. A bad score will hurt you, even if you retake and do well. Just kick ass the first time ;)

are you sure this isnt to late, especially for my stats???

bump please more advice???!!! anyone else that could offer any thoughts??

Members don't see this ad :)
What are your practice test scores?
I have only done one FL two weeks ago when I was about half done with review MCAT CBT #7 VR-14,PS-5, BS-10 on the EK 30 min tests getting around 6-8 for PS, 9's for BS and 11-13 for VR for EK 101 verbal and 30 min
I am planning on taking MCAT CBT #9 tomorrow

I have only done one FL two weeks ago when I was about half done with review MCAT CBT #7 VR-14,PS-5, BS-10 on the EK 30 min tests getting around 6-8 for PS, 9's for BS and 11-13 for VR for EK 101 verbal and 30 min

If you can get that PS up, I'd take it June 13th. Great job on VR!

If you can get that PS up, I'd take it June 13th. Great job on VR!
see thats the thing I dont think I could get it up in time, just to much left to go over, not to mention the rest of bio and orgo I have left, so I was wondering if my next FL doesnt turn out well will it hurt me to wait till July 8th??? thanks on the VR no clue how it got up that high at all but I hope it stays there I need all the help I can to make up for PS:)

see thats the thing I dont think I could get it up in time, just to much left to go over, not to mention the rest of bio and orgo I have left, so I was wondering if my next FL doesnt turn out well will it hurt me to wait till July 8th??? thanks on the VR no clue how it got up that high at all but I hope it stays there I need all the help I can to make up for PS:)

I'm just an applicant like you so I don't want to give you the wrong advice. If I were you though, I'd bust my you-know-what to be ready on June 13th. If you were weak in all the subjects, I'd say postpone, but since it's only one, I'm saying review, review, review, review every single day and try to be ready. I think that in your case, the earlier you're complete, the better off you are. If you work or are taking classes, then maybe consider July, but if you can take the time to just study, I'd do everything in my power to be ready for June. If on June 10th, your PS score is still low, then maybe take it and void, then go home and get ready for July now that you know what to expect.

You are the VR Queen! Mind sharing some tips? VR pwn me.

just letting you know you only have 2 weeks before YOU CAN RE SCHEDULE previous experience i just went to void it its no good waste of $210

You are the VR Queen! Mind sharing some tips? VR pwn me.

I have no clue at all really and I dont know if that score is a fluke or not, I am about to take another FL now so i will check back here after I am done and let ya know then, but as far as what i do/did I got a 11 on an EK VR test before looking at their stuff and then took a look and went down to 9 but then after a few weeks I took my first FL and got the 14 so while I am taking the exam I read the passage i would say a bit slower than normal, after I stop and think about what it was about nothing to detailed just general idea (15sec) then I start with the questions usually can get it down to 2 answers. then Ill look at the wording of the answers I have left, see if one seems to detailed or harsh ya know just to matter of fact, if this doesnt rule out one then I sometimes look back to the passage to see if I can place the answer within the passage, like if I was reading it would it fit, mesh with the rest (agree not agree doesnt matter just would it fit) then if that doesnt work I just guess. Hope that helps a bit but like I said I come back after my FL in a few hours

just letting you know you only have 2 weeks before YOU CAN RE SCHEDULE previous experience i just went to void it its no good waste of $210

my last day to reschedule is tomorrow or it said by May 30th so I am thinking this means tomorrow and I hope it does???? But I still dont know if I should, if it would hurt me that bad??? Some more advice please!!!

But, we can't submit the application before we take at least 1 MCAT. Right?

But, we can't submit the application before we take at least 1 MCAT. Right?

You can submit your application to AMCAS before you recieve your MCAT score, but you need to have your score before they send your application out to schools I believe.

I was in the same boat, and I just switched mine to the 8th of July so I could spend more time working through the Nova physics book and get an AM administration. I think I could take it in two weeks and do well enough, but I figure I should probably do at least a couple practice tests as well. Back in the day, people took it in August and all that jazz, so early July shouldn't be too bad. Could be wrong though.