Oh no! Another MCAT thread...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

limit

Molesting my inner-child
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a question for med students...

Have any of you taken the MCAT after 2 years of undergrad, as a result of having completed all the reqs, and decided to get it over with before you start your junior year ?

I'm thinking of doing the same, and I posted a similar thread on the Pre-Allopathic forum, and got many confidence-boosting responses.

However, I'm curious if any of you have actually had any success with this strategy ? And how was this issue discussed at interviews ?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

hi limit,
I got a 39 and took it summer sophomore year. It'a all about just buckling down durring the summer and really, seriosly studying. Kaplan was EXTREMELY useful. The classes sucked, but the material is great. I focussed on trying to completely as much of the Kaplan books as possible and I don't thing there was anything on the test I had not covered. MCAT material is not 100% like real college class material, as long as you have relavent background, I think it's fine if you go ahead and just learn the material as it is relavent to the MCAT. I would definitally reccommend the summer after sophomore year approach to anyone who thinks they can be ready. Of course, it is always better to not rush, but that is the ideal time to take it.