oh no..C's on my transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

islandgirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I anxiously wait to hear the replies from my pharmacy schools, I have really been thinking about my strengths and weaknesses in my application. One of the things that came to my mind was my TWO C's on my transcript; one in physics and one in integral calculus. I was so upset by these grades. Anyway, to all of you whom been accepted to pharmacy school, did you folks get any C's? I hope I still have a chance...:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

I made a C and a C+. The C was in a stupid animal diversity lab from hell and C+ was in Calc physics II. I've been admitted to 2 schools so far...so don't worry.

As I anxiously wait to hear the replies from my pharmacy schools, I have really been thinking about my strengths and weaknesses in my application. One of the things that came to my mind was my TWO C's on my transcript; one in physics and one in integral calculus. I was so upset by these grades. Anyway, to all of you whom been accepted to pharmacy school, did you folks get any C's? I hope I still have a chance...:rolleyes:

I have 3 C's on my transcript, and although im not in pharmacy school yet, my pre-pharm advisor said I was competative to my in-state school. So you should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't fret too much over C's. I got a C in physics II and a C in Organic Lab, and I still managed to get into Midwestern CCP and currently have an interview for UIC.

I made a C in sociology 101 my freshman year and I've been admitted to UNC, Michigan, Ohio State, and Kentucky. It was the only one I've made, but one nevertheless.

Many schools have GPA averages of 3.2-3.5. Given that we all have to earn As in an appreciable amount of courses, I suppose there is a good number of people who get in with C's.

why settle for a C when you can get an F like me during my first year of undergrad.

usc class of 2011

I had a C+ in Organic Chem I, and I still got accepted to UNC's Pharmacy School.

I got plenty of C's on my transcript and most of them are for science courses and i still got in pharm school so don't sweat it so much!!!

thank you all for your replies...i feel much better :)

Its all good...I got 4 Cs in one semester (Organic 1, Anatomy/Phisiology 1, Physics 1, and Forensics Sciences) fortunetly only 3 were counted as pharmacy courses. My GPA went down to a 2.9 and I was rejected immediatly from Purdue, the only school i applied to. However, I studied like a maniac the next semester and have 3 straight 4.0 semesters. I also took the PCATs and got a 99 on that and now ive been accepted into 4 schools and got interviewed at Purdue.

Keep your head up and work at your dreams....If your passionate about your career choice, don't let anything stop you.:)

I got an F in microbio (prereq class), but still got in. No worries :)

Members don't see this ad :)
where is midwestern ccp? thx

I got a D in Bio 2 and a C+ in O. Chem 1 during one semester (it was a bad semester for a number of reasone).

Retook both the next semester and got a B+ in Bio 2 and an A- in O. Chem 1.

I've 2 interivews so far and have 2 more coming up. It definently hurts you, but it's not going to completely screw up your plans.

I made a C and a C+. The C was in a stupid animal diversity lab from hell and C+ was in Calc physics II. I've been admitted to 2 schools so far...so don't worry.

Could you tell me which schools you got admitted to.

i got two C's. One in Organic Chem 1 and one in roman history.

i got accepted to Midwestern CCP, Waitlisted at UMB, and two interview that i rejected. so don't sweat it :)

I had a C in both chemistries and a C in microbiology, a C in business law, a C in geography, an F in one GE class that I retook and made an A, a C in econ and a C in psychology that I also retook and got an A. Overall, I've retaken a lot of classes but I did have a lot of C's. Now I haven't gotten in anywhere so thats a different story.

Iknow this makes me sound like an idiot cuz my grades are so bad. I don't know what thehell happened to me but I am a 4.0 student now.

I have had numerous Cs in the last two years, though part of that is due to a larger load of responsibilities (family, research, leadership, service) mixed in with some depression. I've had three interviews already with another interview offer recently. I've been accepted to one school and I stand a good chance to get into more schools.

The key with Cs or any low grades is to show your schools that it wasn't due to laziness or incompetence.:)

I got a C+ in my second quarter of Calc and a C+ in my first quarter of physics. I just listed physics and calculus as my weakness in my personal statement and how hard I had to work in order to get B-'s in subsequent physics and calculus classes.

Physics and Calc seriously just aren't my thing, my roomate would study for 15 mins for a physics quiz and get a 10.5/10 while I would study all night and go to office hours to get a 7.5/10 or 8/10..

Hi, i am currently taking over some of my classes that i did so poorly at anotehr university. I got F in chem. 1 and chem 2 when i took it at another university. I know that it will effect my GPA alot, but do i still have a chance to get into pharmacy schoool? If i can get all A's in those previous classes that i did so poorly? Yes this is one of my most concern.. Please help me!!

Hi, i am currently taking over some of my classes that i did so poorly at anotehr university. I got F in chem. 1 and chem 2 when i took it at another university. I know that it will effect my GPA alot, but do i still have a chance to get into pharmacy schoool? If i can get all A's in those previous classes that i did so poorly? Yes this is one of my most concern.. Please help me!!

As long as you can bring those grades up to at least a B to show that you don't have any fundamental problems with Chemistry you should be fine. GPA damage heals over time like most other things. Just don't pick the proverbial scab or you may be scarred for life.:)

Don't worry. I felt the same way staring at my C+ in Biol 1A and Physiology (which are required classes for any pharmacy program) plus I got a C somewhere else. Yet, I got into a very good school so don't fret. It's your personality that counts.

I got a C in human physiology a C+ in ecology (BORING), C+ in orgo 1,
so far got into two schools, and two upcoming interviews. You'll in somewhere.

if you are so worried about a couple of C's, read my thread about low stats and still making it. A couple of C's wouldn't hurt too much if you are well-rounded in other aspects of your life (i.e. communication skills, PCAT, etc)