Oh no.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thanecyan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I came into my junior year with a 3.2 gpa.
I just made a C in genetics, bringing my semester gpa down to a 3.0.
I've heard over and over that medical schools like to see an upward trend...well, I just made a C in my junior year.

Tell me I'm not completely screwed :(

Members don't see this ad.

your ok... just dont let it fall below a 3.0, also study hard for your mcat and try to get as high a score as possible... you should be fine...

Members don't see this ad :)
Schools do like to see an upward trend, but all hope is not lost. A few schools, however, require a science gpa above a 3.0 in order to even be considered for a secondary. I, for example, fall into the lower science gpa, higher MCAT score catagory, and I am having more success than I had planned this application season.
If you are taking lots of science classes next semester, make sure to be a rock-star in those classes, and that will help your science gpa before you apply in the summer.

Just do the best you can to bring up the GPA next semester. Do that, study hard for the MCAT, and make sure you have great ECs and you will be fine. Good luck!:luck: :D

If you are really worried take it over next year or during the summer
Osteopathic schools replace the grade if you take it over and don't just average it. Study hard for the MCAT and keep your chin up.

Yeah, definitely got to do well next semester
Thanks for the replies