-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ohio State 2019 hopefuls!!
Started by HowIMetYourPet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just hate having to ask for one more thing it's a bit ridiculous...and I think my one evaluator is not pleased.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just feel bad in general this is our application and they are doing so much haha. I am going to have to buy them all presents for putting up with me!
I had this one, and tufts wanted another letter and since they don't participate in the VMCAS it was all different.
I went online to see if I'd get the same problem and I did when I searched by the department code but when you put the word veterinary in the search box for department code the correct code comes up. If you still have problems I would contact OSU by calling 614-292-1171 or emailing [email protected].So I'm trying to send my GRE scores to the school, I have the school code but the department code provided by OSU's website isn't coming up in the GRE service...
I'm fairly certain that the department code is the same for all of the schools: 0617 (Veterinary Medicine). I sent mine right after taking the GRE but the department code for all 4 schools I sent it to was the same.I went online to see if I'd get the same problem and I did when I searched by the department code but when you put the word veterinary in the search box for department code the correct code comes up. If you still have problems I would contact OSU by calling 614-292-1171 or emailing [email protected].
hey everyone! Quick question- super similar to @haley120892- I submitted my VMCAS and it was verified, and I received the account information from OSU. Once I accessed it and fished around the site and my account, there is really nothing to complete. I'm not sure what else there is to do? 
thanks in advance and good luck to everyone! 😀

thanks in advance and good luck to everyone! 😀
hey everyone! Quick question- super similar to @haley120892- I submitted my VMCAS and it was verified, and I received the account information from OSU. Once I accessed it and fished around the site and my account, there is really nothing to complete. I'm not sure what else there is to do?
thanks in advance and good luck to everyone! 😀
For last year at least the form took me all of 3 minutes. It was basically filling out my info again and an emergency contact. I imagine it's similar this year and you're golden 🙂
It was really easy I forget how to find the supplemental, but no lie it really does take all of three minutes like @dalmatiandoc17 said.
I am still working on the ETS PPI thing, I just need one more of my references to complete it...and let me say they are making me nervous!
I am still working on the ETS PPI thing, I just need one more of my references to complete it...and let me say they are making me nervous!
It was really easy I forget how to find the supplemental, but no lie it really does take all of three minutes like @dalmatiandoc17 said.
I am still working on the ETS PPI thing, I just need one more of my references to complete it...and let me say they are making me nervous!
I'm with you there!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm with you there!!
I know that it says they want them received by October 2nd, but I am wondering if we send them on the second if they will have them. I am trying to avoid that scenario, but still kind of curious.
I don't know the answer to this (my guess if it's electronic and in by the end of the business day then you're good), but feel free to call in and ask. The whole team here was super great and helpful when I was applying (and they still are now that I'm here).I know that it says they want them received by October 2nd, but I am wondering if we send them on the second if they will have them. I am trying to avoid that scenario, but still kind of curious.
http://www.osu.edu/departments/dept/Veterinary Medicine College
Also Shayna may be checking this thread occasionally like she did last year and may answer.
Does anyone know when I should expect the email from OSU with the supplemental application login info? I submitted my VMCAS application 2 weeks ago - right now I just have 1 of my 4 eLORs outstanding, and I submitted the ETS PPI this weekend. OSU is my IS school so I'm kind of anxious to get everything in!
I got it a while back, literally had it done in 5 minutes. ..it's real basic
When did you get it? My VMCAS app got verified yesterday and I haven't gotten my supplemental app yet.I got it a while back, literally had it done in 5 minutes. ..it's real basic
My VMCAS was done and verified by July 2, 2014 ( I was overly prepared), but anyhow I got the email on August 4.
Just so you all know. I heard from Dr. Lord yesterday in our class meeting that because we have finals during the week before Christmas they won't be doing any December interviews this year. The interviews will start in January. I thought I would let anyone applying know so you don't worry.
I'm actually okay with that.Just so you all know. I heard from Dr. Lord yesterday in our class meeting that because we have finals during the week before Christmas they won't be doing any December interviews this year. The interviews will start in January. I thought I would let anyone applying know so you don't worry.
I feel crazy, but I am SO EXCITED for c/o 2019 interviews! I'm glad they're not over december so I can be in Columbus 😀Just so you all know. I heard from Dr. Lord yesterday in our class meeting that because we have finals during the week before Christmas they won't be doing any December interviews this year. The interviews will start in January. I thought I would let anyone applying know so you don't worry.
I called them yesterday - they say to allow 7 days after you're verified to get the supplemental login info. I got verified on Tuesday and I just got my supplemental login info about 10 minutes ago.I still have not received my OSU supplemental, should I be worried? My VMCAS is still not verified, so I assume that is why I did not get an email yet? Anyone else is this same position?
Thanks for the info! 🙂I called them yesterday - they say to allow 7 days after you're verified to get the supplemental login info. I got verified on Tuesday and I just got my supplemental login info about 10 minutes ago.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been waiting nearly three weeks for my application to be approved. How much longer is it going to take?
Mine took 27 days to verify. Submitted 9/3, verified 9/30. Good luck, the waiting is rough!I've been waiting nearly three weeks for my application to be approved. How much longer is it going to take?
http://vet.osu.edu/sites/default/fi...cess your supplemental application - VMED.pdf
Here's the info for accessing the supplemental. I was a little confused when I got the login info today 😛.
Here's the info for accessing the supplemental. I was a little confused when I got the login info today 😛.
My VMCAS got verified yesterday and I got the login info for OSU today. But when I logged in today, I can't access the supplemental application page. It's simply not there. Does anyone else have this problem? What should I do?
Wait 24 hours and try again. Try using another browser. If it still doesn't work, contact OSU.My VMCAS got verified yesterday and I got the login info for OSU today. But when I logged in today, I can't access the supplemental application page. It's simply not there. Does anyone else have this problem? What should I do?
My VMCAS got verified yesterday and I got the login info for OSU today. But when I logged in today, I can't access the supplemental application page. It's simply not there. Does anyone else have this problem? What should I do?
I had the same thing happen to me with chrome. Used firefox and it worked.
Has anybody gotten confirmation that his/her ETS PPI has been recieved? ETS processed and sent mine over a month ago, my GRE scores showed up as recieved on OSU's site, my supplemental app has been submitted for a couple of weeks...but no word from OSU about the PPI... I even emailed the admissions department for the CVM to verify the receipt of my materials but never heard back from them (The only school to not email me back)
Terrified that something is going to be missing from my application and they won't consider me. They are my IS and where I really want to go. I know I shouldn't have waited so long to try contacting them again, just don't want to be needy...don't know if they keep track of that stuff.
Terrified that something is going to be missing from my application and they won't consider me. They are my IS and where I really want to go. I know I shouldn't have waited so long to try contacting them again, just don't want to be needy...don't know if they keep track of that stuff.
How long ago did you email? If >1 week or two, couldn't hurt to follow up with a phone call.Has anybody gotten confirmation that his/her ETS PPI has been recieved? ETS processed and sent mine over a month ago, my GRE scores showed up as recieved on OSU's site, my supplemental app has been submitted for a couple of weeks...but no word from OSU about the PPI... I even emailed the admissions department for the CVM to verify the receipt of my materials but never heard back from them (The only school to not email me back)
Terrified that something is going to be missing from my application and they won't consider me. They are my IS and where I really want to go. I know I shouldn't have waited so long to try contacting them again, just don't want to be needy...don't know if they keep track of that stuff.
I think I emailed them on the 30th of September. AHHHHH... so nervous!How long ago did you email? If >1 week or two, couldn't hurt to follow up with a phone call.
If you have confirmation that you sent your ETS PPI before the due date, I really doubt they're going to refuse your application if by some chance they did not receive it. As I understand it, most schools have ETS send the reports electronically, so, as long as you entered the right school number, you should be fine.
Has anybody gotten confirmation that his/her ETS PPI has been recieved? ETS processed and sent mine over a month ago, my GRE scores showed up as recieved on OSU's site, my supplemental app has been submitted for a couple of weeks...but no word from OSU about the PPI... I even emailed the admissions department for the CVM to verify the receipt of my materials but never heard back from them (The only school to not email me back)
Terrified that something is going to be missing from my application and they won't consider me. They are my IS and where I really want to go. I know I shouldn't have waited so long to try contacting them again, just don't want to be needy...don't know if they keep track of that stuff.
I actually called them the other day and asked about the ETS PPI. The girl said that the school uploads them in batches and they really haven't sent much out about them. I was worried about the deadline today and she said not to worry that it is the first year for it and they are going to send some emails out to people letting them know what the school still needs so that everyone can ensure they get everything in!
Attachments
Ignore that attached file...no idea how i managed to do that but that was for my roommate lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone else had trouble logging on the supplemental application even if the page appears? I requested a log in code, used the code I was given with my assigned last name.# user name and got an invalid message. I plan on calling the tomorrow but was just curious if I was the only one who has had this issue.
Cool! Thanks! That makes me feel loads better!I actually called them the other day and asked about the ETS PPI. The girl said that the school uploads them in batches and they really haven't sent much out about them. I was worried about the deadline today and she said not to worry that it is the first year for it and they are going to send some emails out to people letting them know what the school still needs so that everyone can ensure they get everything in!
I got the email saying my app was complete, woot!
Just got mine too!
. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.