Ohio State c/o 2017-Attending Only

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Must Love Dogs

SGU SVM c/o 2018!
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since I see there are at least a few people that have already been accepted and decided on Ohio State, I decided to create this thread. Now there's a thread where you all can get to know your future classmates, discuss housing/roommates, discuss creating a facebook group, or whatever else!

Congrats everyone accepted/attending :claps: Good luck to those still waiting :luck: :xf:

I hope to be able to post to this thread in the near future as your future classmate :xf:
 
So I hope you just did this because you saw the same thread from last year's class, but I really hated this "Attending only" last year and I'm disappointed to see it show up again. It just feels very exclusionary. I don't see a real reason to separate this thread from the Ohio c/o 2017 applicants thread especially since I don't remember any of the other schools doing that last year.
So there's me sharing my opinion where it wasn't asked for, but I just wanted to mention it.
 
So I hope you just did this because you saw the same thread from last year's class, but I really hated this "Attending only" last year and I'm disappointed to see it show up again. It just feels very exclusionary. I don't see a real reason to separate this thread from the Ohio c/o 2017 applicants thread especially since I don't remember any of the other schools doing that last year.
So there's me sharing my opinion where it wasn't asked for, but I just wanted to mention it.

👍

this bugged me also last year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The thread died pretty quickly last year too. It just didn't seem necessary to split off from the main thread. It's up to you guys though, the advantage was to see who was actually going to be attending OSU. Good luck everyone.
 
I'm not sure why this thread received such criticism when it first started, but now since a bunch of other schools have "attending" only threads, I think it would be ok to bump this thread now. Anyone looked at housing yet?
 
I'm not sure why this thread received such criticism when it first started, but now since a bunch of other schools have "attending" only threads, I think it would be ok to bump this thread now. Anyone looked at housing yet?
I filled out my application for the Heritage Apartments last week!
 
don't see many attending only threads. frankly, the c/o 2017 applicants threads naturally turn into an attending thread, because those who aren't tend to stop posting so much and those who are start asking all their questions, etc.

i think most of us aspire for SDN to be a helpful accepting place, not a place for excluding people and marking something "attending only" is exclusionary. Just why a lot of us tend to dislike these threads.
 
I wouldn't worry about being "exclusionary". This forum was made for people to get together and talk about their experiences, concerns, questions, etc. Feel free to talk about it. You cannot actually exclude anyone from viewing or posting in the threads. I find it funny that this thread came under attack when it was made, but nothing was said about the "Illinois Class of 2017 Members 🙂" thread. Maybe it is presentation. "Attending Only" might be more offensive than "Members 🙂" ?

I don't know. But feel free to utilize this thread no matter what others think. It is a great place to get to know classmates, talk about housing, etc. Also, you can set up SDN meetings where you can meet the people that you have been chatting with and will be your future classmates. Last year there were quite a few dinners/lunches set up for this purpose.

Congratulations on becoming Buckeyes! We are excited to have you all!!
 
Not sure where we are supposed to post, so I put this in both threads:

Hey guys! So, once we submit our seat deposit, will we be getting another packet with info regarding what we do next? I feel like I am clueless as to what the next steps are
 
You'll get emails about when orientation is, etc. Make sure to sign up for the vet list serve emails. Find a place to live is the main thing to do (a lot of places around campus fill up quickly) and then wait for more info.
 
You'll get emails about when orientation is, etc. Make sure to sign up for the vet list serve emails. Find a place to live is the main thing to do (a lot of places around campus fill up quickly) and then wait for more info.
When do we sign up for the vet list serve emails and sign up for our OSU email address? Or do we wait for the CVM to send us info on that?
 
There should have been directions for activating your email with your acceptance I think, or maybe even before that?