Ohio State MEDPATH 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mandanesss

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else receive an invitation to apply to MEDPATH for 2009? I'm so excited!

Members don't see this ad.

I was looking forward to receiving an invite for this program, but never got one:(

Do you mind me asking when you received it and when the deadline is? I haven't been rejected by them yet, but it seems way too late to be invited now.

I received an invitation yesterday actually. You should double check your status. I'm sure they'll send out another set of invitations. The application is due Feb. 13th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I recieved an invitation to apply, and I submitted my application. Interview invites are supposed to come out early March. I am very excited as well

Hey all,

I applied as well. Does anyone know if only one batch of interview invites will be going out early March??

I think the interview invites will all be in early March because interviews are supposed to be in late March. So, by the end of next week we will probably all know something. I wish everyone the best!

Ya probably either this week or the first week of March. How exciting! I'm so nervous. Has anyone spoken with director, Nikki Radcliffe?

Hi!

I applied also - and really nervous. Hopefully we will all hear something soon!

I think the interview invites will all be in early March because interviews are supposed to be in late March. So, by the end of next week we will probably all know something. I wish everyone the best!

I was wondering, did Ms. Radcliffe mention that interviews will be in late March? Or will they be early April? Just wondering if anyone knew of the approximate week.

so if I read correctly 100 people applied (or received the application??) and then 30 people will be invited for an interview??

Ms Radcliffe didn't say an exact week, but she said late March. I'm assuming the last week in March because she said they wanted us to have time to make arrangements.

Just curious, is our status page supposed to change to something like application received for the PBP?

Just curious, is our status page supposed to change to something like application received for the PBP?

My status page did not change, however I did get an e-mail saying that they received my application and fee. In the e-mail is also states that interview invitations come out the first part of March for interviews at the end of March.

Members don't see this ad :)
^Thank you for the response! Anyone get an interview yet? Nothing here.

Nothing yet either. I'm more anxious than a 40year old virgin.

Reactions: 1 user
It looks like we might have to wait another week, ya'll! I actually called the OSU Admissions Office since the MEDPATH office said they are the ones that determine interview dates. The person who picked up the phone said letters will most likely be sent next week. I also asked when the interview dates will be and she said Monday, March 30 and Wednesday, April 1. Back to waiting...

It looks like we might have to wait another week, ya'll! I actually called the OSU Admissions Office since the MEDPATH office said they are the ones that determine interview dates. The person who picked up the phone said letters will most likely be sent next week. I also asked when the interview dates will be and she said Monday, March 30 and Wednesday, April 1. Back to waiting...

aah! thanks for the update though!

do you guys think that they already have the list of people they have chosen to interview??

Just talked to a "Flow" in the admissions office: Interview invites have not went out yet. She said she is not sure when will, but interviews are slated for the second week in April. I hate waiting!!

I got a rejection letter today. Anyone else hear back? Good luck!

I contacted the office, they said emails should go out today regarding interview invitations.

Good Luck Everybody.

Has anyone received an interview invite yet?

I just checked my mail - not sure if no news is good news or bad news...

I think no news is good news because they already sent out rejection emails. I know this, because I received one yesterday :(

I got a rejection letter yesterday. It's colder than December out here.

Has anyone gotten an interview invite?

Are interviews and rejections being sent via snail mail or email?? I've been constantly checking both...

Some other posters have mentioned rejection letters through email.
The OSU office said that the invites would be sent through email.
I'm hoping that the invites will be sent this upcoming week.

Good Luck Guys!

I just got a "status change" email from them - but my status didn't change :scared: ... but it was only sent ~10min ago... **nervous**

I just got an email about a status change too. But there was nothing there.
Perhaps by the end of the day it will change. I hope it means there's an invite on the way.:)

I emailed them this am and they said the emails were a mistake and the real ones would be out tomorrow... yikes!

I got an interview on April 8th. Eeek!!! So nervous! :)

Anyone else interviewing that day?

My hands were shaking when I clicked on the log in.
But I was lucky enough to get an interview on the 6th of April.
Can't wait to finally see:eek: OSU.

Hi everyone, I've been following up on the thread and didn't register until today. I'm applying also and have not received a rejection letter or email for interview yet..really nervous over here too:oops:. G'luck to everyone!

Hi everyone, I've been following up on the thread and didn't register until today. I'm applying also and have not received a rejection letter or email for interview yet..really nervous over here too:oops:. G'luck to everyone!

Did you by any chance receive an email notifying you that your Ohio State online status has changed? If not, you might want to double check the online portal to see if "MEDPATH Interview Invitation" has been indicated in your profile. Here's the link where you enter your login ID and password:

https://medstar.osumc.edu/index.cfm?action=applicantlogin

I got an email indicating a status change but the status did not actually change for about ~8 hours...and that was after I emailed them about it. Good luck! :xf:

Did you by any chance receive an email notifying you that your Ohio State online status has changed? If not, you might want to double check the online portal to see if "MEDPATH Interview Invitation" has been indicated in your profile. Here's the link where you enter your login ID and password:

https://medstar.osumc.edu/index.cfm?action=applicantlogin

I haven't received an email saying status change and have checked the online portal. It still says "post bac consideration." I called them today and they said that there a few apps like myself who are on a wait list awaiting others to confirm their interview date. My friend last year got 'accepted' to MEDPATH along with others--but they declined it bc they got in to other M.D schools. Thanks for the help!:oops:

I haven't received an email saying status change and have checked the online portal. It still says "post bac consideration." I called them today and they said that there a few apps like myself who are on a wait list awaiting others to confirm their interview date. My friend last year got 'accepted' to MEDPATH along with others--but they declined it bc they got in to other M.D schools. Thanks for the help!:oops:

Well you might be in luck! I just declined my interview invite. Best wishes everyone!

Has anyone else heard anything yet?

Does anyone know what the format of the interview is like?

Its getting close to interview time is there anyone else out there who's interviewing this upcoming Mon?
I was told its like a typical interview day with an intro to the program by the dean, then a tour of campus, lunch with current students, and interviews at the end of the day.
Good Luck to all of you. If you're going then I'll be seeing you there :D

Does anyone know when and how we will find out if we are accepted, waitlisted, or rejected? Email, phone call, or snail mail?

Last year it was snail mail and the letters all arrived around 2 weeks after the interview. I think they let you know decisions have been made ( but not what they are) through the online site.
Good Luck!

Thanks for the info. I wish they would just update the status page. I think the waiting is the hardest thing. I keep going over everything in my head. Well hopefully time will go by quickly. I will post if I as soon as I hear anything. Glad to know someone else it out there.

Thanks for the info. I wish they would just update the status page. I think the waiting is the hardest thing. I keep going over everything in my head. Well hopefully time will go by quickly. I will post if I as soon as I hear anything. Glad to know someone else it out there.

I know, it seems like everything comes quickly online except for the one thing you really want, an answer. But time is moving fast. I keep going over old posts to try and figure out the timing. I'll let you know as soon as I hear as well. :xf:

we find out via snail mail.

guess i will be the first to post - accepted!

Congratulations on your acceptance! I can't believe that they got back so quickly. Do you mind telling me where you live? I am on the west coast so maybe it will take a little bit longer to get here. Are you going to Ohio for sure now that you got the acceptance? Did you interview the 8th, maybe I met you?

Congratulations bunky! That's 1 down 14 more to report. Guess its going to take a bit to make it to the west coast. I'm officially stalking the mail box. :smuggrin:

Nothing in mail today. Hopefully tomorrow will bring good news.:luck: