Ohio State MEDPATH 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, Sperola I see that you are also in socal. Did you get anything today? I thought today would be it, but again there is nothing in the mail. The wait continues...

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, Sperola I see that you are also in socal. Did you get anything today? I thought today would be it, but again there is nothing in the mail. The wait continues...

I'm not even sure if the mail has made it to the box for the day. I'm waiting til the afternoon to avoid the embarrassment of walking to the mail box twice in one day. :oops: But I'll let you know once it gets to my side of so cal.

Thanks!

I live in Ann Arbor, MI.

I was there on the 8th: April, UMich, freaking out the entire time... ring a bell?

Members don't see this ad :)
There was nothing in the mail today. Perhaps Monday.:rolleyes:

Check your email if you haven't received anything yet!
They sent an email out this afternoon letting me know that I was accepted :love: and that the letter is on its way in the mail.

Good Luck to my fellow So Californian and everyone else still waiting for news.

Congrats!!! That makes two of us. Which day did you interview?

Congrats!!! That makes two of us. Which day did you interview?

Thanks! I interviewed on the 6th. Did your packet have anything other than the acceptance letter?

Yes, I was accepted yesterday via email and I too am waiting for the official letter. April, I remember you, I sat right next to you all day. I am very happy things have worked out for all of us. Looks like we will be moving to Columbus!!!!:)

Yes, I was accepted yesterday via email and I too am waiting for the official letter. April, I remember you, I sat right next to you all day. I am very happy things have worked out for all of us. Looks like we will be moving to Columbus!!!!:)

Congratulations bear2000. So glad to hear the good news.
I wonder when we're suppose to be out there.

School starts in Sept. so I would say August would be a good time to move. I love summers in L.A, so it is very nice that we have such a late start...

Has anyone received their acceptance packet with all the info?
I emailed Mrs. Radcliffe today to figure out when we need to be there, she said orientation will being on the 9th of September.

Hey, I got my packet today. Spet. 9th is the start date. Very exciting!

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in responding to the above question, but it seems like most are getting packets now. So excited!!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

Since we're all out of staters I was wondering how you guys plan on finding a place to live out there. Furnished/unfurnished, on/off campus? Any luck so far finding a place?

Hey, I starting looking for a house to rent on different sites that I googled. I am going to call an MS2 student that I met on interview day to find out which area to live in. I have kids so I have to find them good schools, I mean great schools. I plan on flying out probably in July to find something. There are plenty of rentals available in Columbus, especially apartments.

Hey all,

I'm moving in July (my lease here in MI ends in July) - really excited. So far, just googling places to stay.

Has anyone received any new information from Medpath?

I haven't heard anything at all.
I'm starting to wonder about all the financial stuff, scholarships and such.
And if we have to make a deposit anytime soon. Hmmm.

I too was worried so I contacted Nikki last week to ask about financial aid. The financial aid office sent me an email saying that they will have the information sent to us soon. So, I guess everything is okay.

I got an email too, but they mentioned something about sending info to my OSU email account in the near future. I had no idea I had one, so I wonder if the ID and email account info will be sent along first.

I will let you know if and when I receive anything from them. I am flying out July 7-10 to look for a house and check out some schools for my kids. I am excited to see what Columbus has to offer.

Got an email yesterday about orientation and enrolling at the OSU continuing ed. Still waiting for financial aid information. I am wondering how much in loans we can take out for living expenses.

I've filled out some forms and sent them back already to the financial aid office. Its almost August already! and I still haven't heard anything about loans.
Did you all find places to live?

Hey guys

I am quite stressed about this...So I am in a post bacc program in Erie, Pa that is in affiliation with LECOM (Lake Erie College of Osteopathic mEdicine)....I am dying to get into ohio states Med Path program. I heard about this program too late, after i had been accepted to this program. What do you think my chances are of getting into the MEd path program at osu for the next year after i complete the program at LECOM?? LECOM is an osteopathic school and OSU is an allopathic, and I am more leaning towards the allopathic side. Do you think my being in this program is hurting my chances MAJORLY to get in?? Do you guys have any suggestions as to what you think I could do to get into this program?? LECOM offers the same courses that OSU does (as a part of this program)...Is there anyone I can talk to, or call??

Oh, and how early have those who have been accepted applied?? It is early oct, and i am just submitting my application...again it would have been submitted MUCH earlier had i known about the program earlier.

Thanks gusy!