Ohio State MEDPATH post Bacc Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also got an invitation to interview on April 7. So it will be a group interview? I am so excited and hope to meet you guys there!

Members don't see this ad.

If it is anything like my other interviews, The majority of the day with be with a group, we will cover the school, financial aid, eat lunch, go on a tour and other stuff. For our actual interview, we will be called into a small office and will be interviewed one on one by a teacher at the school.

On a seperate note, if money is tight or if, like me, you want an inside perspective of the program, you can actually stay with a current medpath student. You can arrange it by simply emailing Kelly Price.

I am Dean from Montana, I am looking forward to seeing y'all there.

I also have an interview on the 7th of April. I'll see you all there. If anyone has found out about cheap accommodations please pm me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also have an interviewed scheduled for the 7th. Looking forward to meeting you all. Where is everybody coming from?

Hey I just wanted to see if anyone will be interviewing on April 9th for the Medpath program? I have mine set for that date, and i'm looking forward to it. Besides this interview, i've only had one other where i am currently waitlisted....so i just have to wait and see how things go.

I'll be coming from Provo Utah. I talked to Kelly and she set me up with a student to stay with. If you are interested in that you should call her.

I am from the DC area... See you guys soon!

Hey carebear84 I will be there for the april 9th interview as well. I thought I was the only one since it seemed like everyone had theirs for the monday date. When do u plan on getting into town and leaving? I'm starting to get nervous.

Hey guys, it was really nice to meet you (Monday's group) and I hope everyone gets in to the school of their dreams...we deserve it!!

Indeed we do! I hope i see
u guys again! Good luck!
Make us buckeyes!
Woohoo ! Lol

I have an interview for the medpath program 4-7-08 and I have a question. Has anyone contacted the Medpath office to see if they can stay with a current medpath student? Has anyone from a previous year stayed with a medpath student. I am thinking about doing it but am a little hesitant and would love some feedback. Thanks

Hey. I interviewed with medpath last year and didn't get in. But I really liked it. The medpath and medical students were all very nice and extremely helpful. I loved OSU medical school. I stayed with a medpath and I think its a great idea to do that instead of staying in a hotel. Just contact the office and they'll set you up. I"m applying again (to medpath and a few other programs- for 2009). Last year, the interviewer didn't like that I had no research experience. I would really rather do this program than go straight in to a regular program. A lot of the medpathers said that they didn't get in until their second or third time interviewing with the medpath program, so I'm pretty hopeful. Regardless, I'm doing other stuff on my own to improve my application.
Best of luck to you

Good luck everyone! I just
got an email saying
decisions are being mailed.
Hope it works out good
luck!

Yes, I got the email too. I have so much adrenaline rushing through me, I feel like I can go run a marathon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol i freaked too i really
want to be a buckeye! God
help us all

Hey guys I'm curious as to how much our interview weighs in the decision making. I was extremely nervous during it and it definitely showed. Anywho enough of me. Good luck to you all.I hope ALL of us get in!!!

hey there medcool, i don't have an answer for you, but i am in the same situation as you. i think the interviews are very important because they are interviewing for osu com as well. one of the ms2's that we met told us that she was waitlisted and still got in, so that gave me hope. but then again, someone posted here the other day saying that she was denied after her interview the first time she applied. that means that the application itself -- research, background, grades, mcat -- have weight on their own. but i really do feel that the interview is what makes or brakes it because they only interview 30 of us.

good luck to you medcool, i hope you get the answer you are waiting for. :)

Thanks doctorpoet. I appreciate your kind words. I hope you get a favorable answer as well. I am impressed with osu's rapid response. How often does that happen? I really like the school and I REALLY hope they want me regardless of my scary interview.

From what I understand, they only have the two days/30 people of interviews, and they choose those interviews from only certain osu applicants. So the choices they have after the interviews are so narrowed down already, they only have to theoretically meet once and take the top half (most impressive candidates).

No, it doesn't happen at most schools.

Also, I got a good sense that OSU is super-organized and efficient in general.

Hey all - my roommate recently interviewed at MEDPATH and got the notification email that letters have been mailed out and has since been checking his mail obsessively. He's not registered on SDN, but was wondering if anyone has received their letters yet? Maybe Monday? Thanks all!

Not yet i chased a postal
worker today lol

There's a letter on our status page that says that we can view the decision within 10 days of our interview date. Did anyone see this? If so has it changed for anyone that interviewed on the monday 7th date?

Chuck that's so funny...There's a letter on our status page that says that we can view the decision within 10 days of our interview date. Did anyone see this? If so has it changed for anyone that interviewed on the monday 7th date?

My status is still at interview completed.

GOT THE LETTER TODAY!!!...I didn't get in. But the good news is you guys have a better chance at getting in. I hope u all get what you want and that whatever it is, you are the best at it. Toodles

Didnt get in either.
Goodluck to the rest of you
i didnt meet the cut

Thats sucks that you two didn't get in. I hope that you are successful in your
other plans.

The mail has not gotten to me yet. Did your status change online?

My status online did not change. I just got the postal mail saturday

chuck, did you have an interview on MOnday as well?

Rejected.. :(
Too bad I really liked the school.
I did get accepted somewhere else today to console me though.. :thumbup:

Has everyone received their letters? If anyone hasn't...please just post so I don't feel so bad.

Has everyone received their letters? If anyone hasn't...please just post so I don't feel so bad.

I'm in the same boat...constantly checking on SDN for any responses. Its been about 2 weeks now since the interviews (crazy how quickly time goes by in some parts of this process). And about a week since the last medpath email went out...so i guess i'll wait until friday before getting the urge to call or email somebody.

Hey ya'll,
I actually did call Kelly yesterday; apparently not all of the letters went out on the same day but everyone should be getting them by the end of the week. Good luck everyone

Well I just wanted to share some good news, that I finally heard from the MedPath program and its a YES! So excited, I pretty much turned into a ball of tears (i get emotional easily, its one of my many charms). But more importantly I really want to hear the news from the rest of you...whats the verdict?

First off...Congrats CB! Secondly, I found out today also and was extremely overjoyed to hear that I got in too. Anybody else get in??? Please post so we can start sharing any info we get...:D

Im confused about this program. Do you apply to this program or are you just offered a interview for it based on the application you submitted for the medical school (b/c you were rejected outright for the MD program)?

Im confused about this program. Do you apply to this program or are you just offered a interview for it based on the application you submitted for the medical school (b/c you were rejected outright for the MD program)?

You have to apply to Ohio State College of Medicine as a regular applicant also you will fill out a secondary application...they recommend (they close your file for direct entrance to the medical school) your file for the post-bacc program and then they request another application from you. From the post-bacc applications they select who receives an interview and then lastly who gets accepted to the program. Successful completion of the program guarantees a spot in the following entering class into the College of Medicine.

Has anyone been invited to apply for Medpath yet?

If anyone has questions about the program send me a PM...I am a current student in MedPath.

I received an app invite in late Nov also. Now I'm just waiting until early Mar to find out whether or not I have an interview.

I was thinking about applying to this program and I was wondering what the typical MCAT and gpa were of those that were accepted into the program. Any help would be appreciated about extra info about this program besides what is written on the ohio state website. thanks!