Ohio State or UNLV?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Barriert

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everybody,
I was recently admitted to both UNLV and Ohio State dental school, however im really torn about which school to attend. I absolutely loved both school, and I am a current resident of california (southern). the only reason i would choose UNLV is because of its proximity to my family however im not sure if this is a good enough reason. please give me your advice on this situation and both schools!!! im in desperate need of help lol!!! thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Most would just say go wherever is cheaper. If it were me, I'd go to UNLV since it's closer to family. Looks like UNLV is 75-80k 1st year, ~50k/year for other 3 years (OOS - I think that's only tuition?) in some thread I found from 2010. I'd imagine that isn't too much different from OOS for OSU. I know after tuition, supplies, living expenses, etc. I'll be shelling out ~270k for 4 years at OSU in-state if I don't get the HPSP scholarship. Likely over 300k for OOS.

NMC2010 is right, you should go UNLV is always good to have some family around..

Members don't see this ad :)
Especially if the price is similar, being close to family is absolutely a good enough reason. That factor is hugely important to me!

School wise, Ohio state. Just look at the history and what you want at the end. As far as cost, that's a personal decision. I have no idea why people go to NYU, USC, or BU, but hundreds do every year and they are quite rabid fans. So, I don't know. Maybe it's the pizza in New York or some ppl like college football or bragging rights.

School wise, Ohio state. Just look at the history and what you want at the end. As far as cost, that's a personal decision. I have no idea why people go to NYU, USC, or BU, but hundreds do every year and they are quite rabid fans. So, I don't know. Maybe it's the pizza in New York or some ppl like college football or bragging rights.

Because thats where they get in, not everyone has multiple options. If it comes down to it most people opt to go to a private school over reapplying and not being in dental school another year.

Because thats where they get in, not everyone has multiple options. If it comes down to it most people opt to go to a private school over reapplying and not being in dental school another year.

Well, this guy has a choice. And some people have choices as well. I was being facetious about going o NY for the pizza or USC for their football. But some people do care about things like that even if they have little time. I know quite a few Trojans and none are complaining about their loans even though they are paying for it. I did not get that vibe when I was interviewed there as well. There are some people who genuinely like the school's settings more than the school itself but go there for what it represents more than anything else. There were complainers about the medical model that they followed then there were ones who shrugged it off and bounced around quickly and happily showing us around.