Ohio State Uni: MEDPATH 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elusiveCHILD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying for next fall?!

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an invitation to apply for the MEDPATH 2012 program.
Does this program require to re-take the MCAT?

I also just got an invitation to apply..the application doesn't allow us space to write... So I called and was told to attach a separate sheet of paper.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you both mind sharing your stats? Or did you all submit the secondary before receiving an interview? Thanks in advance.

I don't think so, I think people have gotten in with 24's I've heard in the past.

...and did you get an interview before being offered an application?

Do you both mind sharing your stats? Or did you all submit the secondary before receiving an interview? Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, sent my secondary application for OSU. when would I expect an application to MEDPATH. Is it selectively sent?

Hi Naijacardiodoc,

After your application is reviewed by a committee member they decide whether to invite you to apply. No one can apply directly. I hope everything works out for you, either direct interview or the post bacc :)

Ok guys I am a little confused. I just came across this program. I think I am eligible for this program. I just went through their website, and the application process seems a little strange to me. Can anyone tell me how exactly do I need to approach this program?
FYI:
sGPA = 3.1
cGPA = 3.2
Graduating in May, 2012
MCAT = taking in March, 2012
Applying to med schools in the coming cycle in May, 2012.
Applying to SMP programs around March, 2012 for the GAP year. However I prefer MEDPATH since it guarantees Matriculation into their Med-1 right after the program.

Please guide me through as the app cycle is approaching very fast. Any supplemental information on this program will be much appreciated. Thank you!!!! :)

Ok guys I am a little confused. I just came across this program. I think I am eligible for this program. I just went through their website, and the application process seems a little strange to me. Can anyone tell me how exactly do I need to approach this program?
FYI:
sGPA = 3.1
cGPA = 3.2
Graduating in May, 2012
MCAT = taking in March, 2012
Applying to med schools in the coming cycle in May, 2012.
Applying to SMP programs around March, 2012 for the GAP year. However I prefer MEDPATH since it guarantees Matriculation into their Med-1 right after the program.

Please guide me through as the app cycle is approaching very fast. Any supplemental information on this program will be much appreciated. Thank you!!!! :)
I think everyone pretty much covered it already. You apply to Ohio State Medical School just like you would apply to any other medical school, and you wait for them to either offer you an interview invitation, reject you, or invite you to apply to Med path. in other words, you can't apply to Med path in march 2012 because you didn't submit an amcas this cycle.

Anyone know when we should expect to hear about interviews?

Can people who were extended regular MD interview invites be offered a spot in the program post interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything yet
Do you know when should we expect an interview invitation?

Has anyone heard anything yet
Do you know when should we expect an interview invitation?

I haven't heard anything so far.

I contacted the office last month to confirm receipt of my application and was notified that the decisions to interview will be given out early March and interviews will be held during the first week of April.

Hoping and praying for some good news anytime now! :)

I haven't heard anything so far.

I contacted the office last month to confirm receipt of my application and was notified that the decisions to interview will be given out early March and interviews will be held during the first week of April.

Hoping and praying for some good news anytime now! :)

Same here. Hopefully we will hear some good news this week,

Got a feeling next week is the week. I could be wrong lol. Good luck to everyone applying!

Got a feeling next week is the week. I could be wrong lol. Good luck to everyone applying!
I received an e-mail from MEDPATH office stating that applicants were notified via e-mail on Thursday. Did anyone else get an e-mail?

I received an e-mail from MEDPATH office stating that applicants were notified via e-mail on Thursday. Did anyone else get an e-mail?

Got an interview invite! So so thankful. :)

I received a status change email on Thursday.

Did anyone else receive news?

Hello Everyone,

Yes! Thank God I was invited to interview for the OSU MED PATH program on Thursday, March 8th. I believe all interviews will be during the first week of April.

To everyone's knowledge, are the MED PATH interviews pretty similar to OSU School of Medicine interviews?

Hey guys,

Just found out that if you weren't notified by email on Thursday of a status change then most likely you will receive a waitlist or rejection letter in the mail. :(

Congrats to those who received an interview! To those that didn't, keep hope alive! :)

Hey Guys,

I also got an interview invite on Thursday, but I decided to reject the offer. Hopefully one of you will get to go in my place. Good Luck!!!! : D

Hey Guys,

I also got an interview invite on Thursday, but I decided to reject the offer. Hopefully one of you will get to go in my place. Good Luck!!!! : D

Thanks for the letting us know Titilaya! Here's hoping! :thumbup::)

Hello Everyone,

Yes! Thank God I was invited to interview for the OSU MED PATH program on Thursday, March 8th. I believe all interviews will be during the first week of April.

To everyone's knowledge, are the MED PATH interviews pretty similar to OSU School of Medicine interviews?

I would like to know about this too.

I'm not sure, but I will be checking the OSU School of Medicine interview feedback on here as well, just in case.

Goodluck with interviews everyone. I am a former Medpather and just to clear things up, you will have to retake the MCAT regardless of any prior score you have received. You will take one year of coursework that includes graduate coursework and must achieve a minimum of a 3.0GPA and 24 on the MCAT that you will take in April.

I would like to know about this too.

I'm not sure, but I will be checking the OSU School of Medicine interview feedback on here as well, just in case.

they are only mildly similar... you will get an interview with faculty, not with a student also, as you do with regular admissions; but, you will get the normal spiel abt the school, columbus, financial aid etc.

people are referred to medpath because of a deficiency in their application.. whether it be mcat, gpa or a combination of them both. So this interview has a lot of potential to go a different direction than an interview of someone going through direct admissions. Make sure you have some reasons and solutions as to why you have said deficiencies because more than likely they will be asked abt.

having said that this will be your one and only interview, so in essence it is your medical school interview for OSU.

yes it happens every year
Thanks IkeBoy18 for all the information. If someone is accepted into the program, is there some kind of pre-entry exam they have to take or does that exam come up at the end of the MEDPATH program? And when you say 'faculty' for the interview, is that one member or multiple people?

Thanks IkeBoy18 for all the information. If someone is accepted into the program, is there some kind of pre-entry exam they have to take or does that exam come up at the end of the MEDPATH program? And when you say 'faculty' for the interview, is that one member or multiple people?

there will be an orientation.. for abt 2 weeks where you will take exams.. but nothing you need to study for... the only exam that you will need to take all yr is the MCAT.. of course your class exams as well.. you will interview with one faculty member.. who also interviews for regular admissions so it wont be someone who is only related to medpath

Hey, I just wanted to check and see if any of you guys will be attending the pre-interview on Sunday, April 1st. How informal do you think we should dress? lol :)

Hey, I just wanted to check and see if any of you guys will be attending the pre-interview on Sunday, April 1st. How informal do you think we should dress? lol :)

there typically isnt anyone there that will be judging you.. just students.. so dress very comfortably.

they are only mildly similar... you will get an interview with faculty, not with a student also, as you do with regular admissions; but, you will get the normal spiel abt the school, columbus, financial aid etc.

people are referred to medpath because of a deficiency in their application.. whether it be mcat, gpa or a combination of them both. So this interview has a lot of potential to go a different direction than an interview of someone going through direct admissions. Make sure you have some reasons and solutions as to why you have said deficiencies because more than likely they will be asked abt.

having said that this will be your one and only interview, so in essence it is your medical school interview for OSU.

Thanks! :)

I will be attending the one on April 3rd. So I guess I'm in the second interview group.

Hope your interview goes well! Good luck ! :luck: :)

I will be attending the one on April 3rd. So I guess I'm in the second interview group.

Hope your interview goes well! Good luck ! :luck: :)
Thank you ladydoc! I wish you the best of luck on your interview too! :)

So what did you guys think of the pre-interview and Interview Day?

Is this program just for URMs and economically disadvantaged? anyone know the average stats of those that get in it?

So what did you guys think of the pre-interview and Interview Day?

I got an acceptance email from Dr. Capers last night few minutes past midnight :). Anybody else hear back yet?

I thought the pre-reception and interview day were great.

I guess the interview did not go as well as i thought. I just received a letter in the mail that I was wait-listed, and the number is not even in the top 5. This was my last chance for this cycle too. :(

On a positive note, Congrats to everyone who got an acceptance!

Why is everyone soo quiet?

Is there anybody out there planning to reject their Medpath offers? I know of somebody who is waitlisted and really wants to get in.

I thought the pre-reception and interview day were great.

I guess the interview did not go as well as i thought. I just received a letter in the mail that I was wait-listed, and the number is not even in the top 5. This was my last chance for this cycle too. :(

On a positive note, Congrats to everyone who got an acceptance!
Hi ladydoc...I'm so sorry you were wait-listed. Perhaps a spot will open up. Everyone told us that the decision process was 'fluid', so anything can happen.

Why is everyone soo quiet?

Is there anybody out there planning to reject their Medpath offers? I know of somebody who is waitlisted and really wants to get in.
I don't know Hally. I guess everyone's waiting to see what happens next lol.

I don't know of anyone that will be rejecting their offer. I've accepted mine and I'm just waiting on my packet now.

Hello Everyone,

If you will be attending the OSU MEDPATH program for the 2012-2013 school year and if you would like to join the Facebook group, please send your email address to me via private message and you will be added! This is our way of trying to unite the two interview groups that (to my knowledge) have yet to meet.

Thanks...Look forward to meeting you!

What kind of stats got you into the program?

I have decided to forfeit my spot in next years class which means someone will be hearing good news very soon. Good luck to those on the wait list.

K. Henry