Ohio State vs. Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evnof2080

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a pre dental student from Ohio. I was accepted at Michigan and Ohio State and I am currently deciding where to commit. Being in state, OSU is cheaper, but most of the other factors are pointing me towards Michigan. Anyone with information on either school who would persuade me to choose or avoid one of these schools? If so, please elaborate as much as possible!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Seriously man, are you sure you are from Ohio? If you are, why would you ask such a silly question! You have to go with O H I O! Go BUCKS!!!!:thumbup::laugh::thumbup:

Go where it's cheaper, always.

Then again, do you want to practice in Ohio, Michigan, elsewhere?

Members don't see this ad :)
Put down money to hold a spot at both. Then wait to see who does better in NCAA hoops before your make you final decision.

Alternatively, go where it's cheaper.

Both are great schools, congrats!

i'd worry about my safety at Umich if you're from Ohio...

football loyalties can go a long way there

do NOT go to Michigan.
I go to Michigan right now and I thought it would be a great school (I also was trying to decide between it and OSU)

Reasons
- michigan is changing it's curriculum and it isn't going well
- students are not happy at michigan because the administration isn't involved as they should be (they make decisions and don't see the results)
- the board scores at michigan are declining
- I am a second year dental student and I haven't done one restoration due to the change in the curriculum.

Think about these things! I wish I would have!!!!!!

hello,

I am a first year dental student at OSU, and have been very impressed with the school overall. The interview as I'm sure you know was very much a well organized event and very classy. The actual dental school is a little different aka not quite as fancy and low key. That being said I really do feel like I am A learning a lot from the faculty who are all very willing to help with anything and B doing a ton of lab work to become a clinician. It is difficult, but I am enjoying myself.

Best of luck with your decision.