ohio state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BIGA121781

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know what is the acceptance rate for those interviewed at ohio state? i heard that it was about 75% but it seems kinda high

Members don't see this ad.

OSU are a bunch of theives! They took our national championship away! Anyway, your right, it seems to be very high. I would have a hard time to believe that over 70% of people interviewed at OSU get in.

:laugh: I believe we won that championship fair and square :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard that if you're like a star pharmacy student at OSU, you can petition the pharmacy board to let you become a professional after one year - ala Maurice Clarett. South2006, are you a "soldier of the U" like Winslow?

you can petition the pharmacy board to let you become a professional after one year - ala Maurice Clarett

I also heard that you don't have to do anything and they will pay you. Maurice doesn't have to work out at the combine and they are gonna pay him it should work for you to.

Originally posted by 64microbus
I heard that if you're like a star pharmacy student at OSU, you can petition the pharmacy board to let you become a professional after one year - ala Maurice Clarett. South2006, are you a "soldier of the U" like Winslow?

*Strikes Heismann Pose* Winslow is nothing compared to the 87 or 88 Canes that came off the plane wearing fatigues against Penn State! I think Winslow will be an above average tight end in the NFL but he will not be a Jeremy Shockey or Shannon Sharpe. Also, since I am a star pharmacy student at South, they give me the tests before hand and call it "tutoring". LOL GO BLUE!

Ohio State is a good school, but for some reason, it has high acceptance rate. According to the package they sent me, there were 385 applicants, and they admitted 140. The average GPA was 3.4, and the average PCAT score was 83.

that's not bad at all...

does anyone know the OSU policy on out-of-state applicants?
(do they have a cap, do they interview them later)

Originally posted by South2006
[B since I am a star pharmacy student at South [/B]

I assume that you're a student at South in Savannah? If so, how is that program? I live in Florida, and I was thinking of applying there (in addition to other schools) next year since I probably won't get in anywhere this year.

This year Ohio received 800 something applicants, and the reason their admittance rate is high because of the new Pharmcas. People will apply to all sorts of different schools. So they predict the yield of people who are enrolling in the fall compared to who are admitted is not going to be 100%. I think the 75% rate is 75% out of the people who get the interview, and they don't interview too many people. So when you get interviewed there, it means you are very close to being admitted. During my interview, the majority of people there were out-of- state, including me.

Thanks for your reply. I was hoping they interviewed out-of-staters later, as I haven't heard anything yet.