OHSU Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biasab

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Has anybody received an offer from OHSU recently? I interviewed there over a week ago and have not heard anything back.

thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry about it. I don't think the class is very full yet (probably ~60%).

My brother interviewed last Friday and was accepted this Tuesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
My brother interviewed last Friday and was accepted this Tuesday.

Hey Golfer,

Is he out of state or instate? Would you please share his stats?

idk. He has several options. I can't get any straight answers out of him. He also has one other interview coming up that he might consider over all of his choices.

idk. He has several options. I can't get any straight answers out of him. He also has one other interview coming up that he might consider over all of his choices.

Thanks...

Bump to the top....

I know... I have asked this 100000 times already.... ;)

Has anybody heard anything from them recently? Any news?

Thanks,

People PLEASEEEEEE... one at the time please. Don't you all rush hear to post a reply.... ;)

well, i got a rejection from them back in like September? a couple days after they cashed my secondary app check. lol. definitely worked out for the best tho.

good luck!

well, i got a rejection from them back in like September? a couple days after they cashed my secondary app check. lol. definitely worked out for the best tho.

good luck!

I was asking about Oregon Health and Science University buddy and not the Ohio State. Anyways, thank you for the reply.

I was asking about Oregon Health and Science University buddy and not the Ohio State. Anyways, thank you for the reply.
ha. my bad.

well, at least you have some replies now. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought you were talking about Ohio too - ha. I haven't heard a thing from them since I applied and then about a week ago I got a letter in the mail that said I had made it to the next phase of the application process and that they would contact me if I was invited for an interview. wha????????

How lately are you talking? I interviewed in January and got accepted in January. Have you interviewed already or have you just not heard anything from them since you applied?

How lately are you talking? I interviewed in January and got accepted in January. Have you interviewed already or have you just not heard anything from them since you applied?

Hey Jon,

How are you? How did they contact you when they offered you a spot? Are you going to attend OHSU? I interviewed late January and have not heard anything yet.

No, I have not interviewed yet. The letter just says that I've moved on to the next phase of review and that they will contact me if they want to interview me. Isn't that weird? The letter was postmarked on February 6th. I completed my AADSAS on September 6th. Maybe they were waiting to see what my fall grades were (all prereqs).

I also interviewed there toward the end of January but I havent heard anthing. I called them and they said that they have not even met together as a committee for the last month. They said they would try to meet today some time........ But then again, who really knows.

I guess just keep waiting and checking aadsas/ email 20 times a day.

I also interviewed there toward the end of January but I havent heard anthing. I called them and they said that they have not even met together as a committee for the last month. They said they would try to meet today some time........ But then again, who really knows.

I guess just keep waiting and checking aadsas/ email 20 times a day.

Who did you talk to? Mark Mitchell or one of the girls? Well if indeed they met today, we should hear soon. BTW, do you know how many seats are still available? Are you an instate or out of state applicant?

I talked to Mark Mitchell and he said that there were still about half of the spots available (35-40) or so. I am instate. I hope they did meet today, if not I hope they meet soon because I am going crazy just sitting and waiting!

I talked to Mark Mitchell and he said that there were still about half of the spots available (35-40) or so. I am instate. I hope they did meet today, if not I hope they meet soon because I am going crazy just sitting and waiting!

Cool. i am instate too. lets keep each other posted if we hear anything. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Ya,

Dat - 18/18/21
GPA - 3.75

Interesting to say the least. We both are "competitive" instate applicants and we have not been accepted YET. Do you know how they choose people? Some applicants get in virtually within hours of their interview and some don't hear anything? I am baffled at this point!!!:rolleyes:

A new week. Lets stay positive and hope for the best!!! :)

Ya, I think this will be the week! My wife and I both had a dream last night that I would get in to Oregon : ) Then again that could be the result of checking this forum so frequently :)

I was interested in OHSU until they told me that I needed a third letter of recomendation from a science professor.

I'm pretty sure I've been rejected.

...... i got accepted...

Good luck everyone!

I got interview on feb 14th and got accepted on feb. 20th.

Good luck!

...... i got accepted...

Good luck everyone!

Congrats... A couple of questions:

1- Are you instate?
2- Do you know how many seats are still available?
3- Are you going to accept their offer?
4- How did they inform you that you got accepted?

Best of luck to you!!

I am in-state. My interview was on feb 14th and Mark told me not even half of class is filled yet. He also mentioned how they started the process late, so keep your fingers crossed! :D I received my acceptance e-mail on Feb 20th and a package on 22nd. I am going to accept the offer.

same for interviews.. You get informed by your e-mail.

Good luck!

Congrats... A couple of questions:

1- Are you instate?
2- Do you know how many seats are still available?
3- Are you going to accept their offer?
4- How did they inform you that you got accepted?

Best of luck to you!!

I am in-state. My interview was on feb 14th and Mark told me not even half of class is filled yet. He also mentioned how they started the process late, so keep your fingers crossed! :D I received my acceptance e-mail on Feb 20th and a package on 22nd. I am going to accept the offer.

same for interviews.. You get informed by your e-mail.

Good luck!

fingers crossed!!:D Congrats.
As far as OHSU vs. BU and NYU, IMHO they are all good schools. I know graduates from all of those schools that are all great dentists. However, living in Boston or NY is totally different from living in Portland. At the end of the day, you gotta go where it feels right.

I guess there is no point in having this conversation since you said that you are going to accept OHSU's offer.

9 more schools to hear back from..

9 more schools to hear back from..

WoW 9 more schools? Good luck to you.

Well, as of today they have not met. So if you have not heard anything there is still hope.

I refuse to let this thread get pushed to the second page until i hear something from OHSU. :D:laugh:

I dont get why they are taking soooo long to fill the class up? I would think they would know right after the interview if they were going to accept you or waitlist/ reject you. I dont see why they are waiting so long to get back to some interviewees :(

I dont get why they are taking soooo long to fill the class up? I would think they would know right after the interview if they were going to accept you or waitlist/ reject you. I dont see why they are waiting so long to get back to some interviewees :(

I think that if they think that you are good enough after the interview, you get an acceptance right away. On the other hand, if they think that you, for sure, are not good enough, then you will receive a rejection right away too. However, if you are somewhere in between, which is apparently where you and I are, the committee should make a decision on you. Based on what I have heard, the committee has not met yet.

Well, that is the only semi-logical explanation that I have come up with myself. So I really don't know if that is the admission process or not...

Anyways, please keep me posted if you hear anything.

who were your interviewers?

why did you choose OHSU?

I can not move my family so I have to stay in Oregon. That is why I didn't even bother applying anywhere else.

The ADCOM is meeting today. Lets see what comes out of it.

How many interviews do they usually do for the 75 spots? Anyone with an "Official Guide to Dental Schools"?

How many interviews do they usually do for the 75 spots? Anyone with an "Official Guide to Dental Schools"?

I really don't know... Aren't you going to indi?

Anyone get any acceptances this week from OHSU?????

I really don't know... Aren't you going to indi?
I have my deposit in there, yes. I just received the interview invite from OHSU yesterday for March 21st and I'm trying to see if it's worth all the time and money to fly out to Portland if I'm just going to be interviewing for a waitlist spot