OHSU Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It seems that Mark Mitchell is out of the office until April 21st. Just FYI.

Members don't see this ad.

thanks you guys. i hope to see you both in the fall!

It seems that Mark Mitchell is out of the office until April 21st. Just FYI.

Thanks for the update. Do you know of any instate students that have got in recently? Everybody that I talked to has not heard anything. Also does anybody know how full the class is?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know several in-state students who haven't heard anything. Do you really think it is the tuition issue? I would gladly pay more to go. What is the difference in paying more here or having to move my family and pay out of state tuition to another school.

I'm OOS and have heard nothing after my interview in Feb. I have to assume this is a denial. If they are possibly still interested, they better hurry up because I'm currently taking steps to buy a house in Buffalo. Good luck:thumbup:

I'm OOS and have heard nothing after my interview in Feb. I have to assume this is a denial. If they are possibly still interested, they better hurry up because I'm currently taking steps to buy a house in Buffalo. Good luck:thumbup:

As it was said before, there will be no more ADCOM meeting this month as the dean of admission is out of town. I think the class is full at this time and we might get the call if someone drops out. They were supposed to fill up the class by the end of February and since it is way pass that date, I think there is not much hope left.

It is frustrating.....Anyways, it would be great if someone could find out the accurate number of seats that are still open.

P.S. Count your blessings that you have some place to go. Best of luck to you.

I called two days ago. Andrea said that there will be meeting this week, but she did not sure when it will be. I hope there are some seats available, Andrea said that 2008 class has not been confirmed yet.

I called two days ago. Andrea said that there will be meeting this week, but she did not sure when it will be. I hope there are some seats available, Andrea said that 2008 class has not been confirmed yet.

Good to know. But I don't think that they will be meeting this week as Mark is out of town till the 21th of this month. I don't imagine the ADCOM would meet without him....
BTW, every time I call I hope to get Andrea as she is the coolest of all the people that work in that office.

I called up there this morning about a possible ADCOM meeting this week.
They said no, Mark is out of town. I also asked if everyone that was emailed on Monday accepted would the class be full and the answer was yes. :(

Hey, I talked to Mark Mitchell this monday right before he left and he said that he set things up so that it would function with out him. So he said they would still have meetings and accept people while he is gone. Personally I am an in state applicatant and have heard nothing since my interview. I think that I am at least a fairly decent applicant and got in to several other schools but as of now I am seriously fed up with Oregon and their lack promptness with the applications. They are taking so long and they are not being helpful at all! There have been several times where I just about grabbed the phone to call them and pull my application and tell them how ridiculous they are being! Although Oregon was definitely my top choice, I have been jerked around way too long by them.

Well then I don't know. I spoke to Jenna this morning..so I hope you are right and meetings will happen. I'm trying to just concentrate on my spring course work. Some how I think the issue is trying to get oos students in the door.

To be honest with you guys, it has been so stressful that I don't care anymore. The thing that I don't understand is that why everything about them is a mystery. They don't tell when they will meet up, they don't tell how many seats are still open and......

Members don't see this ad :)
a brand new week...lets see what it has in store for us..

I'm glad to see you are feeling happier:). Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Just got the e-mail today that I am accepted!!! Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting.

Yeah, I am going to accept. I will see you there. Also congrats on your acceptance.

Congratulations, toothmovin! It seems I have been waitlisted. Good luck and take care.

Are u going to SUNY? Are u an in-state student?

Oh never mind, I guess you already answered those questions:)
Take care.

Ok, actually AADSAS says I was selected as one of "several" alternates. Maybe that means that there is a legit chance here.

Anyone know if it is common to change residency at OHSU? With the tuition hike, I calculated it as $215k tuition&fees for four years as a non-resident at OHSU.:scared: That's pretty crazy.

Yes, that is what mine says too. I know Mark told me the other day that they will send out a letter of intent to all waitlistees asking if they still want to be on the list or have made other choices. The committee complies a top five list. After the top five have been gone through, they meet again for another top five, and so on. People are not put on waitlist until the class is pretty well confirmed (people have sent in their first deposits). My thought (and take this for what its worth) is that people who received such late acceptances in the cycle and did accept with a deposit either have OHSU as their top choice or did not get in elsewhere. But again that is just my opinion.
As for the tuition, I don't know an actual cost for the four years but I do know during our interview that Mark said that tuition will be rising by 10-25% next year (2008?) and it will be comparable to a private school tuition. Good luck in NY.

I got a tuition email from Mark. These are the new numbers:

-Residents $7,309 per term (18% increase) from $6,194
-Nonresidents $11,939 per term (10% increase) from $10,854

Hope that clears up some questions. Oh, and how many "terms" per year at OHSU? I'm guessing 3?

I got a tuition email from Mark. These are the new numbers:

-Residents $7,309 per term (18% increase) from $6,194
-Nonresidents $11,939 per term (10% increase) from $10,854

Hope that clears up some questions. Oh, and how many "terms" per year at OHSU? I'm guessing 3?

3 for D1, 3.5 for D2 D3 D4. Plus they have some crazy fees, it is all on the admissions page.

Biasab and all others waiting to here from OHSU, have you heard anything recently? Anyone know when students have to commit to a certain school and waitlist spots will begin opening up? I'm getting ready to apply for 09 cycle and have just been trying to keep up with the process. Good luck all!

Well, today is the day all waitlistees needed to have their letters of intent back. I wonder how many remain on the list.

Hey everyone! I had my interview on March 19 and decided to call in at around the end of April and found out that I was accepted. However, I still haven't received the welcome package yet. When I called in and sent an e-mail, I was told that right around now was a hectic time with graduation coming up. Has anyone else had a difficult time receiving there welcome package as well?

BUMP! just because I feel for you guys. Waiting can be stressful, if you let it :) Try and relax and spend time with your family because once u start school... you'll wish you had more time with them. Speaking from experience there.... although my time spent there was actually pleasant overall and I managed to make it to four kids while in dental school and worked my first two years on the weekends at Costco. So its what you make out of it.

Thank care