OHSU and Highland/UOP OMFS externships

Started by Mr.Scalpel
Tags Tags
omfs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mr.Scalpel

Villain
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have secured dates for both, but can only do one. OHSU used to be hands-on but now is observation only and can't scrub-in in the OR , only observe. Highland/UOP, I'm not sure what the experience is like these days, but from what I've read here it seems it has been a good externship in the past.

Both programs are appealing (as in I want to go/apply there) but I might be a little more inclined for OHSU. I would only spend $200 more if I went to Oregon.

Any input from anyone that has been to either or both would be appreciated.
 
I have secured dates for both, but can only do one. OHSU used to be hands-on but now is observation only and can't scrub-in in the OR , only observe. Highland/UOP, I'm not sure what the experience is like these days, but from what I've read here it seems it has been a good externship in the past.

Both programs are appealing (as in I want to go/apply there) but I might be a little more inclined for OHSU. I would only spend $200 more if I went to Oregon.

Any input from anyone that has been to either or both would be appreciated.
Was going to message you to share what I've heard about each program but it doesn't give me the option to. Message me and I'll let you know what I've heard if you think it would be helpful!
 
It also gives me an error when I try to message you. I checked my settings and I should be able to get messages now. Thanks man.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad