OHSU - no hard prereq requirements?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medfromeng

Reaction score
I've DDG'd and googled and am drawing a blank: Does OHSU have specific course requirements? In particular, age requirements on pre-reqs?
I have an engineering degree (from a while ago...), plus a 30-40 credit postbacc in progress covering a year of bio, ochem, a&p as well as a few others (biochem, etc) - I'm just out double checking formal prereqs for schools I hope to apply to, while I have plenty of time to adjust my schedule if needed.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No. They use MCAT performance as the main metric for assessing "science knowledge".

It's an increasing trend in west coast medical schools to have zero requirements. Most of the time, you still need the typical pre-requisites to do well on the MCAT, but it makes self-study an option.

Reactions: 1 user
No. They use MCAT performance as the main metric for assessing "science knowledge".

It's an increasing trend in west coast medical schools to have zero requirements. Most of the time, you still need the typical pre-requisites to do well on the MCAT, but it makes self-study an option.
Ok, thanks for your confirmation.