OHSU Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

microman

Microman
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is the OHSU waitlist ranked and where can we find this ranking?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey microman, did you just find out recently you are on OHSU's waitlist and if so, when did you interview? I am expecting to hear back from them within the week and am very nervous about it, as they are my #1 choice. Anyway, my understanding is that they rank the waitlist after they are done conducting interviews, which I believe they do through march. So probably late March/early April you can find out your ranking. I'm basing this on what we were told at the interview, if anyone else with more knowledge or experience can correct me that's great, as I have a feeling I may be asking the same question next week. Also, they take the majority of the class from the waitlist, only a small percentage are accepted outright, so the waitlist is not a bad thing at all there necessarily. It just depends on your ranking when you find that out I guess, if you're higher than #50 it's probably pretty much a guaranteed acceptance. Good luck!

Mistress S said:
Hey microman, did you just find out recently you are on OHSU's waitlist and if so, when did you interview? I am expecting to hear back from them within the week and am very nervous about it, as they are my #1 choice. Anyway, my understanding is that they rank the waitlist after they are done conducting interviews, which I believe they do through march. So probably late March/early April you can find out your ranking. I'm basing this on what we were told at the interview, if anyone else with more knowledge or experience can correct me that's great, as I have a feeling I may be asking the same question next week. Also, they take the majority of the class from the waitlist, only a small percentage are accepted outright, so the waitlist is not a bad thing at all there necessarily. It just depends on your ranking when you find that out I guess, if you're higher than #50 it's probably pretty much a guaranteed acceptance. Good luck!

On the website it says they made it through #64 last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mr. Seeds said:
On the website it says they made it through #64 last year.

Yep, my student tour guide was number 63. She found out in July that she had been accepted. :thumbup:

microman said:
When is the OHSU waitlist ranked and where can we find this ranking?

Congrats on the Interview Microman. I interview there on March 15. Hopefully you'll find what you're looking for in terms of the waitlist.

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't most applicants put on hold. THen around April, they accept a bunch of people and put together a ranked waitlist? So if the accepted decline admission, they turn to their waitlist. I don't think people are put on the waitlist until around April when they make their decisions.

dsherida said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't most applicants put on hold. THen around April, they accept a bunch of people and put together a ranked waitlist? So if the accepted decline admission, they turn to their waitlist. I don't think people are put on the waitlist until around April when they make their decisions.

thats what i thought too.

I interviewed in mid-december, and it took nearly 4 weeks to hear back from them. Good Luck!