OHSU's Your M.D. Curriculum - any feedback?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laserjeff

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to hear some first-hand experiences from students in OHSU's new curriculum, Your M.D.. Their first new cohort started in 2014, so I'm curious to know if they've worked out some of the kinks inherent with a new program. Are there any current OHSU students in the new curriculum? If so, do you have any feedback for someone like me, debating between attending OHSU or another school (University of Utah)?

Also, I was reading through their website and they mentioned two things that caught my eye: First, what is a "flipped classroom"? Second, they say that students can earn badges "based on competency and achievement," is this the equivalent of earning honors/special distinction in any other program?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know about the program per se, but a "flipped classroom" is where the students listen to the lecture on their own time (via some sort of video platform so one can replay at their own pace) and basically work through problem sets in the classroom. This could be in groups and the instructor is available to answer questions in a more meaningful way since the students have already been introduced to the material beforehand.

You might get more feedback by asking this question in the OHSU applicants thread.