Ok DMU students...please chime in

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbone

Herro!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to a number of great schools but I must admit, I was mostly impressed with DMU. I'm sending in my deposit this week to hold my spot but before I do, could any of you expound upon the anatomy facilities? Clean? Stinky? How many per cadaver? A and B day rotations? They didn't allow us to see it during our tour. Just curious because you spend so much time in the anatomy lab, it is an important factor in my decision. Thanks ladies/gents, I look forward to meeting you next fall!! :thumbup: I'm excited!! :D :horns:

Members don't see this ad.

what's up all star!?! it's me your interview buddy from good old wisconsin ;) Yea, it was a bummer that they didn't show us the anat lab when we were there but I'm sure like everything else at the school it'll be top notch. That's awesome that we both will end up attending the same school!!! See ya later bro.

p.s. you ready to be dominated on the bball court???? j/k......... i am getting lazy and less in shape since getting married....... :laugh:

jbone,

The anatomy facilities will be upgraded next year when they expand the anatomy labs. I would say that for the most part the labs are as clean as cadaver labs can be, but there is always going to be that stench of embalming fluid. That is why you are required to wear a lab coat and suggested to wear scrubs. I am finishing up anatomy a week from Wed.

Four people to a cadaver per lab (two per side). There are two lab groups dissecting on alternating days which works out perfectly b/c I find that I don't learn all that much dissecting b/c you are just trying to finish and get things cleaned up. If you are worried about not being there for all the dissection, don't be! The first 20+ minutes of each lab are spent by the professor reviewing (projected to TV's all around the lab).

I think I got everything, but if you have any more questions...let me know. I'm a first year so I am intimately familiar with those labs.

Members don't see this ad :)
jbone said:
I was accepted to a number of great schools but I must admit, I was mostly impressed with DMU. I'm sending in my deposit this week to hold my spot but before I do, could any of you expound upon the anatomy facilities? Clean? Stinky? How many per cadaver? A and B day rotations? They didn't allow us to see it during our tour. Just curious because you spend so much time in the anatomy lab, it is an important factor in my decision. Thanks ladies/gents, I look forward to meeting you next fall!! :thumbup: I'm excited!! :D :horns:

I am a 1st year at DMU. The anatomy dept is great. 4 students per cadaver, very little in the way of smells, well ventilated, very approachable faculty. You spend from 2 to 4 hours per week in lab (more if you want.). Worst part of anatomy is are all those 2nd and 3rd order questions in both written and practicle exams.

That is what I figured. You guys rock!!!! :thumbup:

thejanitor99 said:
what's up all star!?! it's me your interview buddy from good old wisconsin ;) Yea, it was a bummer that they didn't show us the anat lab when we were there but I'm sure like everything else at the school it'll be top notch. That's awesome that we both will end up attending the same school!!! See ya later bro.

p.s. you ready to be dominated on the bball court???? j/k......... i am getting lazy and less in shape since getting married....... :laugh:
And as for you my little peckerwood, what is freakin up? About time you got on SDN. How is the wife? Thought you would call me? Call if you can...We'll chat about good old DMU.
p.s.-you think your getting fat now, just wait till that little baby comes. Plump up just like me. I can still take you to the hole and teabag your ace!! PM me if you want to chat.