Ok heres a BAD job in path.

Started by LADoc00
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
VAN NUYS, CALIFORNIA (USA). PathNet Lab Institute, located in Van Nuys, CA, is looking to hire full- and three-quarter time pathologists in our CA facility to work with close, caring staff to provide cytopathology services to clinics nationwide. We are a CAP-accredited facility with another regional screening facility in Texas. If you are interested in the GYN cytopathology cancer field, have an interest in cytology, and desire to help provide quality service to women at risk who may be undeserved, please.

-I would rather sign out surg path in Iraq, wearing a shirt that says in bold letters: "Was that ****e I just stepped in?".
:laugh:
 
LADoc00 said:
and desire to help provide quality service to women at risk who may be underserved, please.

That sentence is included so they can justify the vastly inferior salary they probably plan to offer! They even included a please!

The phrase "women at risk" means a 25% reduction in salary.
The phrase "may be underserved" is another 25%.
The "please" is probably worth at least another 10%

:laugh: :laugh:

Hopefully someone will apply though - you'll probably become an expert in pap smears if you aren't already!

The forensic pathologist here today told us about his recent meeting with Baghdad's chief forensic pathologist. He said there were something like 35 homicides on a slow day. That's homicides, not accidents or other such deaths.
 
yaah said:
That sentence is included so they can justify the vastly inferior salary they probably plan to offer! They even included a please!

The phrase "women at risk" means a 25% reduction in salary.
The phrase "may be underserved" is another 25%.
The "please" is probably worth at least another 10%

This position still probably pays more than an academic path position though, right? :laugh: Oh boy, I'm never gonna be able to buy a house and I'll be living in a van down by the river!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AndyMilonakis said:
This position still probably pays more than an academic path position though, right? :laugh: Oh boy, I'm never gonna be able to buy a house and I'll be living in a van down by the river!


"Now you kids are probably saying to yourselves "hey, I'm gonna go out and GET THE WORLD BY THE TAIL and wrap it around and pull it down and put it in my pocket."
Well I'm here to tell you that you're probably going to find-- as you go out there-- that you're not going to amount to JACK SQUAT!"
 
BamaAlum said:
"Now you kids are probably saying to yourselves "hey, I'm gonna go out and GET THE WORLD BY THE TAIL and wrap it around and pull it down and put it in my pocket."
Well I'm here to tell you that you're probably going to find-- as you go out there-- that you're not going to amount to JACK SQUAT!"

LOL....nice :laugh: