OK kids, listen up...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The next time some ignorant pre-med (or dumb-ass resident) says that "DO's can't do X"

tell it to these people:
http://www.med.nyu.edu/hjd/harkness...t-dance-medicine-and-science/career-overviews
Note that this is a NYU affiliated program. According to one SDNer, DOs are anathema to NYU. Does "affiliated" have any cred with you?

Hopefully one of our residents can give insight as to the quality of this place. I used to walk to work past by HfJDs almost every day before I went to grad school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 30 users
I actually really like that description of DOs. Concise and not at all hokey. Will be bookmarking for future referrals. Thanks Goro.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I actually really like that description of DOs. Concise and not at all hokey. Will be bookmarking for future referrals. Thanks Goro.

Yes, the person who wrote the description really put some love and care into it. It's very good, and I think might even be better than what the AOA churns out occasionally.

Yes, the person who wrote the description really put some love and care into it. It's very good, and I think might even be better than what the AOA churns out occasionally.

Real talk? Really wish the AOA was doing better PR. Too often the population doesn't understand what a DO is or what they do.

Reactions: 1 user
The next time some ignorant pre-med (or dumb-ass resident) says that "DO's can't do X"

tell it to these people:
http://www.med.nyu.edu/hjd/harkness...t-dance-medicine-and-science/career-overviews
Note that this is a NYU affiliated program. According to one SDNer, DOs are anathema to NYU. Does "affiliated" have any cred with you?

Hopefully one of our residents can give insight as to the quality of this place. I used to walk to work past by HfJDs almost every day before I went to grad school.

Dance medicine? Ok… what's your point? Sounds like PM&R to me which is very "DO friendly" across the board.

When people refer to NYU not welcoming DOs they're talking about the IM residency program.

I'm not sure whether you're confused or are purposefully trying to confuse others. My suspicion is that it's a combination of the two.

Dance medicine? Ok… what's your point? Sounds like PM&R to me which is very "DO friendly" across the board.

When people refer to NYU not welcoming DOs they're talking about the IM residency program.

I'm not sure whether you're confused or are purposefully trying to confuse others. My suspicion is that it's a combination of the two.
So glad you could grace us with your presence @MeatTornado

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks Goro. Just yesterday a chiropractor explained to everyone in the room that a DO is basically half natropath and half physician. funny but this kind of ignorance really this makes me mad.

Thanks Goro. Just yesterday a chiropractor explained to everyone in the room that a DO is basically half natropath and half physician. funny but this kind of ignorance really this makes me mad.

It might not be true, but people love naturopaths these days. That's actually great PR for DOs if people believe that. :laugh:

I believe it! They shouldn't say we are half physician though. We are full physician with unique approaches.

Funny, because chiropractors are 0% naturopath, 0% physician, and 100% nonsense.

Reactions: 5 users