2023-2024 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (UP-KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any updates from anyone? Haven't heard from them yet

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Have you previously applied?
2. Please describe your experience with osteopathic medicine, such as your care and treatment from a DO and your shadowing experience with a DO (including number of hours). Please describe how your experience has influenced your decision to apply to an osteopathic medical school.

@PapaGuava

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1. Have you previously applied?
2. Please describe your experience with osteopathic medicine, such as your care and treatment from a DO and your shadowing experience with a DO (including number of hours). Please describe how your experience has influenced your decision to apply to an osteopathic medical school.

@PapaGuava
Forgot to add word count is 500

I submitted the secondary and put the check mark in the box where it asks if you comply with the policies right above where it says “Submit Application”

However, after I hit submit, that box was no longer check-marked. Did it do this for anyone else?

I submitted the secondary and put the check mark in the box where it asks if you comply with the policies right above where it says “Submit Application”

However, after I hit submit, that box was no longer check-marked. Did it do this for anyone else?
Yeah mine does that too. I looked and it has the green check on the right side where it says application status and it gives a section specific info.
Weirdly for me though It says they haven't received my mcat score. Which is weird as every other school has. I'm hoping it just needs to update but I'll call Monday to ask and be sure.

Yeah mine does that too. I looked and it has the green check on the right side where it says application status and it gives a section specific info.
Weirdly for me though It says they haven't received my mcat score. Which is weird as every other school has. I'm hoping it just needs to update but I'll call Monday to ask and be sure.
I think some schools manually verify because it's like that with me for NSU too

Mine says the same, that they haven't received my MCAT, so it must be a common thing. I know for sure other schools have it because I sent it to AACOMAS so I'm hoping it'll update

What is "438 of Public Law 241" on the secondary refering to? I couldnt find anything readily stated in KY state law.

i got email that my application is complete but it still says on the portal that my MCAT has not been received. Does it still say the same for MCAT for you too?
Same, complete with no MCAT score for some reason. I think I will email them if it doesn't update in a couple days.

Same, complete with no MCAT score for some reason. I think I will email them if it doesn't update in a couple days.
Asked them about this and they said they are converting to a new system which is not allowing them to process MCAT scores. But they said if it is in the AACOMAS not to worry

Reactions: 3 users
Just got my MCAT back and it’s a 497 :(. Is it worth it to even submit my secondary?
Are you IS? I think 498 is the competitive floor but I also think they are willing to consider below that later in the cycle. Someone could correct me on this because I’m not 100%

Are you IS? I think 498 is the competitive floor but I also think they are willing to consider below that later in the cycle. Someone could correct me on this because I’m not 100%

OOS, but live in rural Appalachian region. 3.8x GPA, 5000+ clinical hrs, and 600+ research hours specifically on healthcare disparities in the rural Appalachian region. I feel like it’s a near perfect fit except my MCAT:/

OOS, but live in rural Appalachian region. 3.8x GPA, 5000+ clinical hrs, and 600+ research hours specifically on healthcare disparities in the rural Appalachian region. I feel like it’s a near perfect fit except my MCAT:/
If you’ve already committed to the cycle, shoot your shot. Apply broadly. I know people with a worse MCAT who are getting II places. You can message me if you want and we can go into detail about it. You’ve got a great message.

Congrats! When were you complete and your stats if you don’t mind sharing?
Of course!! I completed the primary on 7/5 and received my secondary a week later around 7/12. I left it unfinished until this Wednesday, 8/2 (partly bc money) and got the II on Friday 8/4!

MCAT 496 -> 502
3.86 cGPA, too lazy to figure out sGPA lol
3 years in a non-clinical job, and just started a clinical MA job at the local hospital for the gap year
some odd 100-200 hours of outpatient and emergency room volunteering, like 400-500 hours volunteering in the local youth group chapter.

Reactions: 2 users
Of course!! I completed the primary on 7/5 and received my secondary a week later around 7/12. I left it unfinished until this Wednesday, 8/2 (partly bc money) and got the II on Friday 8/4!

MCAT 496 -> 502
3 years in a non-clinical job, and just started a clinical MA job at the local hospital for the gap year
some odd 100-200 hours of outpatient and emergency room volunteering, like 400-500 hours volunteering in the local youth group chapter.
I hope to hear back soon. Submitted my secondary 7/22. 🤞🏻

MCAT 496 -> 502
Whoa! Crazy fast turnaround. Meanwhile I also got my secondary on the 12th and submitted the 17th but no word yet. Congrats!

Reactions: 1 users
Whoa! Crazy fast turnaround. Meanwhile I also got my secondary on the 12th and submitted the 17th but no word yet. Congrats!
That's what I was shocked about, too! No clue if that's a good or bad thing, however...

MCAT 496 -> 502
Similar to you, my friend! OOS II recieved!

Last edited: