OK... someone HAS to know the answer to this!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

typeB-md

Be more like McCain!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is my dilemma...

[You see, i've just graduated middle school and as a birthday present my parents let me take the MCAT. Now i didn't do super well but i got a 31Q (11P, 11V, 9B) which my parents say is good enough to apply to college with.

BUT, i read someone that your scores are only good for 3 years which leads me to my question. If i applied to medical school now and deferred enrollment for 4 years (2 years to do high school and then 2 years to do undergrad) would the medical school be OK with this?

I want to apply but as it is right now, i'm only 14 and don't know how the adcoms will view my age. I am very mature for my age and have been told that i am somewhat good looking. Hopefully someone can give me some advice. Thanks. ]

Members don't see this ad.

RUN FOR THE HILLS!!

trrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooll alert!

jtank said:
RUN FOR THE HILLS!!

trrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooll alert!

? i take it you cannot answer my quessssssssssssttttttttttttttiiiiiiiioooooooooooooooooooooooon??

Members don't see this ad :)
c'mon people! You consider yourselves smart enough for med school??

It's april fools.

Good one.

mrezai said:
c'mon people! You consider yourselves smart enough for med school??

It's april fools.

Good one.

april fool's was yesterday...

i have a serious question that i would like answered. i even wrote this in the first person so that i wouldn't get flamed.

Your fvcked.. 31 is really a crap score by today's standards..
Well maybe not fvcked entirely as you have 8 years to make an attempt to make it at least a 37.. but really your gonna HAVE to aim for at last a 3.85 GPA in both high school and college.. AND dont forget to start some MAJOR volunteering NOW..
As an example.. I applied to med school with 2000 hours of volunteer activity with severely handicapped children (and really I'm serious about this bit) plus I have 4 years of research and volunteer exeriences in a war zone and in empoverished areas of Mexico. Not to mention that it's good if you speak at least 3 different languages.

Megalofyia said:
Your fvcked.. 31 is really a crap score by today's standards..
Well maybe not fvcked entirely as you have 8 years to make an attempt to make it at least a 37.. but really your gonna HAVE to aim for at last a 3.85 GPA in both high school and college.. AND dont forget to start some MAJOR volunteering NOW..
As an example.. I applied to med school with 2000 hours of volunteer activity with severely handicapped children (and really I'm serious about this bit) plus I have 4 years of research and volunteer exeriences in a war zone and in empoverished areas of Mexico. Not to mention that it's good if you speak at least 3 different languages.

see i speak 4 languages, so that shouldn't be a problem (my dad is austrian and my mother is hispanic/french). See, the thing is, i don't even know if i want to be a doctor, though. It's my parents that are really pushing me. They said i should take the MCAT now as a gauge and then when i did the 31, they were like "oh my god!!! you can apply with this score!! we have done such a good job raising you!!"

but i just don't know anymore. I wish i could just go play halo like the other kids in my grade. I mean sure the violin, piano, and oboe are all cool instruments, but i kinda just want to be a young adult sometimes.

say you got raped by a URM, and you gave birth to an illegitimate child. But you didn't actually because you had an abortion. Then say you are gay, and that you have been harassed by many people because of your beliefs and then you get in

Dude.. how could you NOT love playing the violin and piano?!?! **** I go out of my way to practice DAILY!! Really the best thing I've done ever was learn the violin.. I really get a huge kick out of playing.

Oh and if you really want to and are good at budgeting time you can play halo too. ;) I'm a video game junky.

Hermit MMood said:
say you got raped by a URM, and you gave birth to an illegitimate child. But you didn't actually because you had an abortion. Then say you are gay, and that you have been harassed by many people because of your beliefs and then you get in

Wow. A troll trolling another troll.

Trollerific!

74666f281d.jpg

typeB-md said:
also, do you guys know which books i can start reading to prepare for 4th year? i already have years 1,2, and 3 down and i just want to make sure that the last year doesn't get me by surprise. i heard that 4th year isn't too bad, but i don't want to take any chances as i'm wanting to become a pediatric neurosurgeon with empasis on elementary hippocampal malformations.
]

alright dude, I don't mind helpin u out... but what's up with this kind of previous post? troller.

if you're not a troller... ur prolly a wierd little kid. get laid first.

javert said:
Wow. A troll trolling another troll.

Trollerific!

troll.jpg

Janta, it's what I think of when I see you :clap:

That was cold-blooded HA HA HA I'm HERMIT MMOOD BITCH! Janta troll

Megalofyia said:
plus I have 4 years of research and volunteer exeriences in a war zone and in empoverished areas of Mexico.

Does Belfast count? :laugh:

(I saw a chip shop being shot up by the UVF - maybe I should tell the Adcoms about that)

Members don't see this ad :)
Heh.. Belfast was the place I was thinking of actually ;)

If I'm gonna find parts of a car bomb in my cousins' yard, watch tanks roam the streets, and be told to return to my place of buisiness cause SOMEWHERE in the city there is a bomb and they want to locate it :eek: then as far as I'm concerned it's a war zone.

virilep said:
alright dude, I don't mind helpin u out... but what's up with this kind of previous post? troller.

if you're not a troller... ur prolly a wierd little kid. get laid first.

you guys are absolutely fabulous individuals.

a troller is someone who starts flame-threads or makes incendiary statements for attention.

This thread as well as that exerpt you posted were posted as parodies of the other threads here in pre-allo. I'm already MS1, and some threads here in pre-allo are histerical in regards to how anal some individuals can be.

So you guys need to learn the difference b/w a troll and a parody as others in this thread have. Go along with the joke instead of posting "trooooollll" when obviously this isn't a trolling situation as i made it as ridiculous as post as i could and there was no mal-intent.

take some tips from mary kate and ashley:

Get%20a%20Clue%20MKA.JPG

typeB-md said:
you guys are absolutely fabulous individuals.

a troller is someone who starts flame-threads or makes incendiary statements for attention.

This thread as well as that exerpt you posted were posted as parodies of the other threads here in pre-allo. I'm already MS1, and some threads here in pre-allo are histerical in regards to how anal some individuals can be.

So you guys need to learn the difference b/w a troll and a parody as others in this thread have. Go along with the joke instead of posting "trooooollll" when obviously this isn't a trolling situation as i made it as ridiculous as post as i could and there was no mal-intent.

Only a troll would say something like that.

:spam:

typeB-md said:
see i speak 4 languages, so that shouldn't be a problem (my dad is austrian and my mother is hispanic/french). See, the thing is, i don't even know if i want to be a doctor, though. It's my parents that are really pushing me. They said i should take the MCAT now as a gauge and then when i did the 31, they were like "oh my god!!! you can apply with this score!! we have done such a good job raising you!!"

but i just don't know anymore. I wish i could just go play halo like the other kids in my grade. I mean sure the violin, piano, and oboe are all cool instruments, but i kinda just want to be a young adult sometimes.

Hispanic-french? your grandparents must have had really hot sex!

Megalofyia said:
Heh.. Belfast was the place I was thinking of actually ;)

If I'm gonna find parts of a car bomb in my cousins' yard, watch tanks roam the streets, and be told to return to my place of buisiness cause SOMEWHERE in the city there is a bomb and they want to locate it :eek: then as far as I'm concerned it's a war zone.

Did you volunteer in Belfast?

(btw, love the username. People with Greek usernames gotta stick together.)

typeB-md said:
Here is my dilemma...

[You see, i've just graduated middle school and as a birthday present my parents let me take the MCAT. Now i didn't do super well but i got a 31Q (11P, 11V, 9B) which my parents say is good enough to apply to college with.

BUT, i read someone that your scores are only good for 3 years which leads me to my question. If i applied to medical school now and deferred enrollment for 4 years (2 years to do high school and then 2 years to do undergrad) would the medical school be OK with this?

I want to apply but as it is right now, i'm only 14 and don't know how the adcoms will view my age. I am very mature for my age and have been told that i am somewhat good looking. Hopefully someone can give me some advice. Thanks. ]

Please tell me you are not serious! If so, I am sorry that you have no life! As a child you should not be worrying about getting involved in adult matters. It is ok to like school, but not so much that you are doing things that are extremely abnormal for a middle school child.

Your parents must me smoking something that hinders their thought process. They must be smoking that ganja!
Why dont you go play or something!
trooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllll!

DocRugby said:
Hispanic-french? your grandparents must have had really hot sex!
You know, I must apologize for saying those things I said about you b/c it is evident that you do want to play.
But your parents are trippin'! Oh wait, I cannot use slang b/c your parents probably would not understand it.
Just tell your parents that you do not want to do this right now, and that it may not even be an accurate gauge, especially since standardized tests can change drastically over a decade.

Tell your parents to lighten up!

javert said:
Only a troll would say something like that.

:spam:

i checked the urban dictionary... here's what we have

1. troll
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

so it seems that within the reference of this thread, you may be the troll as you have in fact been the one causing a disruption in this otherwise joccund thread.

typeB-md said:
i checked the urban dictionary... here's what we have

1. troll
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

so it seems that within the reference of this thread, you may be the troll as you have in fact been the one causing a disruption in this otherwise joccund thread.

Ummm...which of my 2 posts are you talking about? My first where I was replying to an actual troll (Hermit MMood)? Or my second, where I was being jocular (you said to 'go along with the joke'...so i was)?

I would suggest going back to being a normal posting MS1. This is the worst parody thread I've seen. Heck, the original (which I assume to be crazee8's 2 year old thread that recently got bumped) was even funnier.