Ok, young guns...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apollyon

Screw the GST
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a board certified EM doc, and recerted paramedic tonight here in NY. My class included me, a doc, an FBI guy, a CBP guy, and a few nurses. Y'all CAN do it!!

I first certified EMT-P in 1996, recerted 99 and 2002, and lapsed in 2005. I then recerted in 2014, then today. Boy howdy, I'm old!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the encouragement! I became a paramedic in 2001 at 20 yrs old... transitioned to a RN in 2007... I take the MCAT in Sept. I'll be applying to D.O. school next summer. It's so encouraging to see paramedics and RNs that have been successful in getting into and completing medical school. I hope to one day be a board certified EM doc as well

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
I'm a board certified EM doc, and recerted paramedic tonight here in NY. My class included me, a doc, an FBI guy, a CBP guy, and a few nurses. Y'all CAN do it!!

I first certified EMT-P in 1996, recerted 99 and 2002, and lapsed in 2005. I then recerted in 2014, then today. Boy howdy, I'm old!
Wow. Appollyon. I haven't logged into this site since 2010. Joined SDN in 2000. I remember you as a regular back then so, very funny I log in and see a post. I've kept my Paramedic Cert since 1997 or so and never let lapse. I'm also board-certified in EMS now however. long time since on board.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my EMT-B in 2003, Paramedic in 2005, Just started my OMS-4 Year. Hoping to match in EM and continue to be involved in EMS!

Reactions: 2 users
I guess I will join in!

Got my EMT-B in 2011, NRP 1 week ago and hoping to apply to medical school within the next two cycles :)

EMT in 1987
EMT-P in 1991.
Lifetime EMT-P cert granted in Pennsylvania in 1995 (Yes, it was a thing then). I still carry the card that says Expiration: None (but have not worked as a paramedic since graduating PA school in 1996).

Reactions: 1 users