OKAY! So, who MATCHED?!??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skip Intro

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd get a jump on starting this thread. :D

-Skippy

Members don't see this ad.

a little early don't you think? :)

27 minutes and counting. I am not really worried about matching into anesthesia but maybe a little when it comes to matching for the prelim medicine year. After interviewing with all rads and derm people you have to wonder if you will match. Well only time will tell.

Members don't see this ad :)
gasgodess said:
a little early don't you think? :)

It's funny what anxiety-induced insomnia will do to you, ya know?

:scared: ;)

T-minus 22 minutes.

-Skipster

I know this is the longest 10 minutes of my life!!!!!!!

Oh well it's in God's hands now :) :confused: :scared: :eek: :laugh:

Down to the wire and looking forward to the results.

IT CAME EARLY!!

Congratulations! You have matched.

Check the Match Site at https://services.nrmp.org/r3/ on Thursday March 17, 2005
at 1:00 PM EST to find out where you matched. Because you are matched, you do no
have access to any information about unfilled programs.

WOO-HOO!

:D

-Skip

I Mathced!!!! check now!!!!

Skip Intro said:
IT CAME EARLY!!

WOO-HOO!

:D

-Skip

Does that imply matching both gas and prelim? Or are we still in the dark?

If it says you matched then you matched both, if it says you matched for an advanced position then that is all you matched for. On a side note it is frustrating to read that people matched when my schools email is down. So finally a minute ago it started working and I am happy to say I will not be scrambling for a prelim surg spot.

Matched. Only 53 total unfilled spots this year! Wow!

I MATCHED!!

Of course, I don't know if it's advanced + pre-lim or categorical, but who cares?? I MATCHED!!

WOOHOO!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I matched tooo,you guys
Thanks everyone.......I am so emotional right now :oops:

spacetygrss said:
I MATCHED!!

Of course, I don't know if it's advanced + pre-lim or categorical, but who cares?? I MATCHED!!

WOOHOO!!
DONE :) can I do the happy dance yet? :laugh:

NYC_anest_2004 said:
Where did you get this number from.

Well, I guess I am the first one on here to say I didn't match. I ranked 10 programs and did not match. I had good LORs, good grades, and USMLE 231. I am in shock. I didn't know if I'd match for a prelim spot, but I was pretty sure I'd match anesthesia. I got several thumbs up from programs. Oh well, I guess I gotta try and grab one of the remaining 53 spots tomorrow.

Congrats to all who matched.

I am HAPPY :D I've matched :D
Look forward for Thursday!

IV Doc said:
If it says you matched then you matched both, if it says you matched for an advanced position then that is all you matched for. On a side note it is frustrating to read that people matched when my schools email is down. So finally a minute ago it started working and I am happy to say I will not be scrambling for a prelim surg spot.

What if you ranked prelim spots at the end of your primary list? How do you know if you just matched ino one of these or into an anesthesia spot?

NYC_anest_2004 said:

If you matched, how did you find the "total unfilled" number? I couldn't find it on the NRMP site anywhere, which I guess is a good sign, since I matched.

IV Doc said:
Where did you get this number from.

Log into the NRMP site. Click on "my reports" and then "regional match statistics by program". Compared to last year, a lot more unfilled radiology spots. Even a handful more derm spots unfilled. We had 53 open spots this year, compared to 89 last year.

I matched!
"Congratulations, you have matched to an advanced position but not a first year position!"

But I have already graduated from DO school last year and I am in the middle of my osteopathic internship now - so it looks like next year I am moonlighting for the year.

For those of you who are wondering if you matched for the residency with or without the internshiop - the post of my match status should show you what they write to those who did not match into a prelim year.

good luck to all

sikboy said:
What if you ranked prelim spots at the end of your primary list? How do you know if you just matched ino one of these or into an anesthesia spot?

My dean's office said that they will find out if you only match for Pre-lim. If that happens, they call you to let you know so that you can ready to scramble.

I would assume that most schools do this.

HTH

Lefty said:
Well, I guess I am the first one on here to say I didn't match. I ranked 10 programs and did not match. I had good LORs, good grades, and USMLE 231. I am in shock. I didn't know if I'd match for a prelim spot, but I was pretty sure I'd match anesthesia. I got several thumbs up from programs. Oh well, I guess I gotta try and grab one of the remaining 53 spots tomorrow.

Congrats to all who matched.

Did you rank only Cali programs? Matching any program there is rough, rough, rough.

Good luck, dude. Scramble like the wind.

-Skip

I have a question too,
When do the programs come to know who all matched with them...just curious,not violating rules!!!

Since I applied late (November), I only got two interviews.

Since I could only rank two places, I expected to be scrambling.

Against all odds and by the grace of God, I MATCHED!!! OMG!!!! :laugh:

Does anyone know what programs if any, in nyc went unfilled this time around?

skywalker09 said:

Won't find out that info till tomorrow. The NE (which obviously includes NYC) had a total of 25 unfilled spots. Whether or not any of the NE spots are in NYC...well, you need to wait until tomorrow to find that out.

skywalker09 said:

Don't know they only give out stats by region, but North east region has 9 unfilled PGY-1 spots and 16 unfilled PGY-2 spots

ok, so on the nrmp site, it says there were 24 PGY1 positions unfilled, and 29 PGY2 positions. i know this sounds ******ed, but by PGY1, are they talking about those anesthesiology programs that are 4 year programs? i'm confused

Finally the wait is over and light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanx a lot for all the help. GL!!!

skywalker09 said:
ok, so on the nrmp site, it says there were 24 PGY1 positions unfilled, and 29 PGY2 positions. i know this sounds ******ed, but by PGY1, are they talking about those anesthesiology programs that are 4 year programs? i'm confused

Probably. It sounds like it means 24 categorical (i.e., CA0-CA3) spots and 29 advanced (CA1-CA3) spots.

But, this is just my guess.

-Skip

Yeah buddy!!!!!!!!! I also matched!!! All that worrying for nothing! Congrats to all and good luck to those that will scramble.

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!! Matched!!!!! I'm finally starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel :D

For those scrambling good luck tomorrow!!!

serenity said:
I have a question too,
When do the programs come to know who all matched with them...just curious,not violating rules!!!

I believe wednesday 2pm.

also matched !!! so happy :luck: :luck:

I matched, too!!!!!!!!!!! :D

:luck:

Good luck to all scrumbling tomorrow!!!

:rolleyes: ;) Both me and my significant other matched into the gas world............. feelin' the light baby. Yeahhhh.... so psyched. For the FMG's out there, especially the US-FMG's.... It's all good brothers. Do what's right and you will feel the :idea: light. :cool: :rolleyes: ;) :D

For those out there who didn't get the rays.... Best of luck :luck: in the next two days. :thumbup:

So I matched at a Boston hospital for gas but not for a prelim spot. Anyone know any good prelim programs in the Boston area or where I can get info about them. I have to be in the Boston area because I'm in a couples match. Congrats to all those who match and good luck to all those who will be scrambling with me tomorrow!

:thumbup: Happy to say that I too got good news today!!! YEA...what a relief! Not that I was THAT worried, but it sure feels good to see that e-mail making a reality! :D

Congrats to everyone and good luck on Thursday. And then just HAVE FUN! :luck:

sikboy said:

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is that you don't know. If a prelim spot was on your primary list, it's treated just like all your anesthesia programs you ranked, so I'm pretty sure you will just have to wait until Thursday to see which one. If anyone knows that I am wrong, please correct me, but that's what I think.

Good luck Thursday!

Actually no... here is a thread that explains it somewhat and I also confirmed this a few minutes ago with the NRMP...
I also had the same concerns...

Good luck everyone and congratulations to those who matched...

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=181063

txdoc2b said:
I'm pretty sure the answer to this is that you don't know. If a prelim spot was on your primary list, it's treated just like all your anesthesia programs you ranked, so I'm pretty sure you will just have to wait until Thursday to see which one. If anyone knows that I am wrong, please correct me, but that's what I think.

Good luck Thursday!

:thumbup: congrats everyone.......good luck to those scrambling tomorrow.......this is going to be a very sloppy weekend........

Thank God that I matched and best of luck to those scrambling.

I matched as well. Woohoo.

Sorry to hear that Lefty; good luck on Thursday.

This F*CKING SUCKS MY BIG HAIRY BALLS...didn't match.

G*OD D*MN computer...now I gotta scramble. POS alogarthm.

I matched yippeeeee!!! Get the alcohol ready.

Good luck for anyone scrambling. A second look not done and it could have been the same story for me. Sorry and good luck. I hear that bringing food helps, just in case scrambling goes on for a while. :luck: