okay to not wear dark color suit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djsahand

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys...
my suit is like tan colored..
ive been hearing its good to wear something dark, black, or navy..

will it look bad if i go in with a lighter colored suit?
should i go buy a new suit?

Members don't see this ad.

having a different color will only make you stand out. So as long it's not bright purple velvet pimp suit you will be in great shape!

You should spend your energy on preparing for the questions during the interivew. That is what will make or break you.

howui3 said:
having a different color will only make you stand out. So as long it's not bright purple velvet pimp suit you will be in great shape!

You should spend your energy on preparing for the questions during the interivew. That is what will make or break you.

i honestly don't think the interview will make anyone...

i've been to 4 interviews, and all the interviewees say their interviews went well...so if everyone's interview goes well, does it mean everyone gets in? no...i think the interview is just an opportunity for us to visit the school, and for them to get a good look at us outside the paper...and as long as we're normal, social people, they will go right back to the application and reanalyse us again...

the interview, i feel, COULD break you if you act weird...

I agree that standing out in dress cant hurt. When you think about the number of interviewees espeically guys who where either a dark gray, navy, or black suit that run through i htink something like tan isnt too bad of an idea. ive also heard that some schools dont actually vote on you til later on in the process a couple of months even, so blending in is probably even less to your advantage. i feel like i even saw a guy w/out a tie or coat, however am not the type of guy to rock a bow tie, suspenders, or cruise in khakis and a sportcoat, just b/c thats my personality, but I do notice the nonconformists and think to myself they may have a better shot, who knows im sure as long as you dont smell like bourbon, like youve been in a smoky bar all night and have all your teeth your appearance is probably a non-issue.