Okay to split Pre-reqs into three years?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RdRaider

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding fairly naive, is it alright to say stretch all of your pre-reqs out for maybe 3 years or 2.5 if the school does a Spring/fall semester?

Reason being is I haven't had Biology for 4 years and any chemistry for 3 years and will probably have to do some reminder courses at first.

Members don't see this ad.

technically you can take up to 7years (i think thats the time frame before prereqs expire) to finish your prereqs. in the end pharm schools only care that you've completed them. only thing that will be held against you is the speculation that you couldn't handle a full course load.

At the risk of sounding fairly naive, is it alright to say stretch all of your pre-reqs out for maybe 3 years or 2.5 if the school does a Spring/fall semester?

Reason being is I haven't had Biology for 4 years and any chemistry for 3 years and will probably have to do some reminder courses at first.

2.5 or 3 years is normal. You going take organic in the second year anyway. You can take genetics or human A&P or human physiology (some schools required as part of pre-reqs) in the 3rd year and apply. You don't have to finish all of the pre-reqs in order to apply. You only need to finish all before your admission.

Just check with the schools you want to apply. Some schools will not take math/science pre-reqs older than five years.