okay to sumbit my application on May 15th and write my DAT again?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My current Canadian DAT score is 20 for Academic, 21 for PAT, and 13 for Carving, which I am not too happy about.

So, is it okay to sumbit my application on May 15th and update my score later once I write the DAT again in August?

Is there a way to let the schools know that I will be writing my DAT again?

The reason that I want to submit my application early is to benifit from early admission.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My current Canadian DAT score is 20 for Academic, 21 for PAT, and 13 for Carving, which I am not too happy about.

So, is it okay to sumbit my application on May 15th and update my score later once I write the DAT again in August?

Is there a way to let the schools know that I will be writing my DAT again?

The reason that I want to submit my application early is to benifit from early admission.

Thanks!

yea you can update your DAT scores whenever you take them...AADSAS didn't mail out the first batch of applications until June 30 last year, so schools didn't get them until early July...they'll see when you add your scores to your app....just make sure to take them early enough because they won't look at your app until it's complete w/ DAT scores

But I already have Canadian Score on my application when I sumbit on May 15th. If I plan to taking the DAT again during the month of August, will the schools look at my application again for the updated score?

But I already have Canadian Score on my application when I sumbit on May 15th. If I plan to taking the DAT again during the month of August, will the schools look at my application again for the updated score?

oh..well once you update it i think aadsas reprints it out and sends it to the schools again...the schools will for sure see your updated scores, but if you dont want them to judge you based on your first scores then i would contact them and let them know you're retaking so they can hold your app until they get new scores