Okay to work Retail Job and Capsule/Pillpack per diem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yahksah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI! Is it permissible to work both retail and a pharmacy like Pillpack? They're not necessarily competitors. Pillpack/Capsule do more mail order. Not sure if I need to disclose it to my current employer or not.

Members don't see this ad.

It’s not an actual conflict of interest, but that doesn’t matter. What matters is your boss’ opinion on whether it is or not. The only way to know that is to ask them. So either ask, or keep it secret from everyone. I’d lean toward the latter.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm sure there's Pillpack employees who work per diem in retail.

Members don't see this ad :)
My guess is that if your job at Pillpack inconveniences your current boss (IE. your boss can not take sudden unannounced vacation due to the fact that you are unavailable to cover) then it would be a “conflict if interest”.

If your job at pillpack does not inconvenience your boss and he/she can keep doing for themself - this would not be a conflict of interest

HI! Is it permissible to work both retail and a pharmacy like Pillpack? They're not necessarily competitors. Pillpack/Capsule do more mail order. Not sure if I need to disclose it to my current employer or not.

Yes, ask for written permission through email.

Id consider it a conflict...they directly compete with traditional retail pharmacy.

Reactions: 1 users
Id consider it a conflict...they directly compete with traditional retail pharmacy.

I heard the founder of Pill Pack's goal was to put Walgreens out of business, so yeah.

Reactions: 1 user