Oklahoma State University (DO)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C.D.S.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am strongly considering applying to Oklahoma State University Med.
Here are my stats.
3.8 cGPA
3.75 Science GPA
31 MCAT
50 Hours Shadowing
100+ Volunteering
My main concern however is the application time. I have not applied yet and will be unable to submit until around January 3rd. The due date for primary applications is Feb 1st for OSU, which worries me because AACOMAS suggested a 4-6 week time for them to send to OSU. (AAMC took <Day, which hopefully is the same for AACOMAS). This all being said. What are my chances? As in, does anybody have any experience with the late application trouble. I read that OSUs interview offers extend from Oct.-Mar. which means a lot of people have interviewed I'm sure, and I do not know if any have been accepted ie. closed spots. Thank you very much!

Edit: I just found out letters aren't due until Mar. 1. Which means I can send in the app as soon as I get ahold of my registrar for the transcript (Hopefully Monday...). Please take this into consideration.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That's getting late in the cycle. My worry is that you'll be competing for a spot on a wait list. However, with numbers like yours, you're likely to get pulled off the wait list really fast!

Hello, I am strongly considering applying to Oklahoma State University Med.
Here are my stats.
3.8 cGPA
3.75 Science GPA
31 MCAT
50 Hours Shadowing
100+ Volunteering
My main concern however is the application time. I have not applied yet and will be unable to submit until around January 3rd. The due date for primary applications is Feb 1st for OSU, which worries me because AACOMAS suggested a 4-6 week time for them to send to OSU. (AAMC took <Day, which hopefully is the same for AACOMAS). This all being said. What are my chances? As in, does anybody have any experience with the late application trouble. I read that OSUs interview offers extend from Oct.-Mar. which means a lot of people have interviewed I'm sure, and I do not know if any have been accepted ie. closed spots. Thank you very much!

Edit: I just found out letters aren't due until Mar. 1. Which means I can send in the app as soon as I get ahold of my registrar for the transcript (Hopefully Monday...). Please take this into consideration.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the responses. I found out my registrar was closed until Jan. 2nd... However! By chance one of the workers forwarded my email as a reminder and the person she forwarded it to told me that they could send it to AACOMAS today! Which is quite fantastic. Fingers crossed that AACOMAS can get my application in to OSUmed before Feb 1st.