old and '04 First Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zeebs

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on buying First Aid for the USMLE before I start classes this fall to make notes in as I go along (good intentions anyway). 2004 costs $39.95. 2001 or 2002 can be gotten for a few bucks on ebay. How much do they change the editions from year to year, is it worth getting a new one? (after all if I get a new one now, it will be 2 years outdated by the time I take the USMLE)

Members don't see this ad.

i think u will find alot of 04 First Aids on sale after all the M2s are finished w the USMLE this summer

peace

Omar

I didn't feel that First Aid changed that much from one year to the next, so I wouldn't get a new one now (though I agree with the above poster, if you wanted to wait until some 2004 editions are no longer needed, that might be nice). You'll probably want the latest edition the year you take it anyway, just so you feel better psychologically that you're getting the same info as everyone else. But for now, a used 2004 or 2003 edition should be fine.