Old post

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrHorseLovesNeighing

Reaction score
…..

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
- No longitudinal outcomes are available for EnMed graduates because it is such a new program: will they actually contribute to medicine as physician-engineers? Or, will they function and practice like traditional physicians?
Did BME for undergrad at Texas so somewhat familiar with your background. The one example from our faculty was an ophthalmologist in private practice doing just the normal private practice stuff like glaucoma surgeries and LASIK and in his other role taught one of our computer programming courses and ran a lab focusing on research for optics and biosensors etc so he is contributing to the advancement of medicine through his research but meanwhile practicing as a traditional clinician.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol, yeah he did his undergrad in engineering followed by masters/Ph.D and then also has the MD to go along with it. My major produced about 30ish MDs. A few of them worked in the industry before getting MD but none that I can think of are utilizing their industry skills. A few have PhDs so they are in academics doing the clinician/researcher

I think just one thing to think about is that you're graduating from Texas A&M so the brand is more of a regional Southern brand so doesn't carry the recognition if youre trying to match into some ivory tower Northeast program so might be a little bit more difficult (but not impossible)

What is the other school? Not really much to go off of with the general info you've provided on it. Your partner could finish up their program and have to leave the area halfway through your schooling. This is not the kind of thing you would regret at the end of your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.