old score conversion?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pheline

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm mostly curious because I came across my MCAT scores from 1993 and I wonder how they compare to current scores. I don't know how much the exam has changed since then but I wonder how my old score scales to current scores. anyone know? or is there a conversion table for old scores?

It doesn't seem like any of you talk about the "writing sample" score- what is the ranking/rating system on that? how much is it weighted in admissions?

Interestingly, I studied on my own for the test and planned to take it once, then take a course and retake it. My scores at the time appeared good enough to get me interviews (since I did get two before I withdrew my applications because my daughter was born)- but they don't sound so good now comparatively. Have they all gone up?

yes, I do know there are no schools that accept ancient scores- I'm just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I can tell, writing is mostly useless in medical school admissions.. my pre-medical advisors have all agreed. I see people with K's and L's get accepted to all ranges of schools. So I wouldn't really put any value on it.

As far as I can tell, writing is mostly useless in medical school admissions.. my pre-medical advisors have all agreed. I see people with K's and L's get accepted to all ranges of schools. So I wouldn't really put any value on it.

too bad. that and verbal are always my best scores.